Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meghan, Harry, Oprah, and The Crown

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    But do we have to allow people in to waste Oprah’s valuable time...
    Every minute she's occupied doing something else, is a minute she's not spending buying up all the real estate on my island and turning us into a Potemkin village. So it's a fine thing.

I doubt she wanted to kill herself. She’s too self centered.

Haven't see it and really am not that interested at this point.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Every minute she's occupied doing something else, is a minute she's not spending buying up all the real estate on my island and turning us into a Potemkin village. So it's a fine thing.
    This is why I never want to live anywhere so quaint or artsy or trendy that billionaires displacing millionaires becomes a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    This is why I never want to live anywhere so quaint or artsy or trendy that billionaires displacing millionaires becomes a problem.
    Well, 8 billionaires live on this island alone, and have since I moved here, along with some more on the other islands, but most of them drive old pickup trucks and blend in, and do terrible things like funding programs for the local kids, and buying new ambulances for the fire department and stuff.

I remember meeting one of them my first month here, when I had a flat tire and some old dude in a beatup truck wearing overalls stopped to help me change the tire. Turns out he'd also been to the Moon when I was a kid.

I must say, I'm rather dismayed at the comments here. I don't doubt their claims of racism. I don't doubt that they tried to work within the system and the system was set against the two of them being successful. I do believe Harry respects his grandmother and the family he was born into but I also think that life has chaffed for years before Meghan.

Why now? Because everybody was trying to iron it out for a year. Year is up, final decision has been made. Not by the queen but by them. They won their case against the press for printing lies. The lies are so egregious I can see why they want to set it straight. Nothing but crickets from the "never complain, never explain" crowd. How would they not feel betrayed? Love how right before the interview allegations came out against Meghan for harassment and abuse of staff.

They did not receive money for that interview. But people sure have an axe to grind about how much money they each possess and that they intend to work to make more in our land of opportunity. How dare they???

I love how the queen has kept in close contact this past year and sent Archie a waffle maker for his birthday. Harry was very clear that racist comments didn't come from his grandparents. He has nothing but love and respect for her. I've never liked Charles and I think he is a ^^%%$ for not taking calls from Harry. He has always acted like a petulant child. You would think he would be a bit more understanding considering how he always had to emotionally take it in the chin from Phillip. Maybe he's still suffering and feels if he suffered, Harry should suck it up. It is outrageous that they cover for Andrew's actions but are not supportive of Meghan's issues with depression. Money and titles do not insulate you from mental illness. But we can't have mental illness in the family... it's unfitting, like the Queen's cousins that were sent to a mental institution, never visited and declared dead. They can certainly figure out how to handle a sexual predator. They will let him step back from senior duties without a ripple in the water. When Harry and Meghan ask it's an abomination. Pays to be the golden child, pays to be blood.

I have no idea what the future holds or where his balls are being held. I think he is often sold short and doesn't get the credit he deserves for thinking and wanting for himself. Right now I think he made a huge move to break from an unhealthy dynamic. Meghan had said in a previous interview, it isn't enough just to just survive, you need to thrive. He wants better for his wife and kids and thankfully he asked the right person. I'm sure the protocols are stifling. They haven't changed in hundreds of years. They will always be a part of the family but they don't need to be a part of that institution. Certainly not a racist one. They can state that they will look into it as a "family matter" but that cat is out of the bag and I'm sure there are many under the crown who know it's true and times, they are a changin.

There is so much hate and bitterness. I wish them well.

Yppej
    The primary focus should be on the children. They deserve to grow up in an environment as free of racism as possible. Confronting racism in the abstract is easy; in one's family it is hard. Harry and Meghan could have been venting all year long on social media as I've seen other people do but they haven't. If they didn't have children I wonder if they would have just faded out of the limelight.

Their financial outlook is interesting if we can believe any of those analysis articles on the web. They’re worth around $10 -$15 million. That’s chump change out in Santa Barbara/La la land. So they plunk down $5 million of that on a $14 million house.

They must be counting on their star power to execute contracts to generate income for them.

I liked Harry’s video with James Corden riding around the top of an open air bus, looking at Hollywood properties. He was funny and completely natural. He might well do ok here.

edited to add: what about Harry in a superstar season of Survivor!!??? Or Meghan and/ or Harry in a Superstar edition of The Apprentice! Truly embracing America they would be.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-11-21 at 10:35am.

Catherine, you might enjoy this Russell Brand piece on the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyREzWcCPDo

(I am a big Russell Brand fan.)

IL, I’ll agree with you about their financials. Made no sense to me. They signed some deal with Netflix. Don’t feel like searching to see how much that was.

Thread Information