Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To Those Living In The US (re: Stimulus $)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

To Those Living In The US (re: Stimulus $)

Quick question. What have you'all done with your stimulus money to date?

I'd love to give an eccentric and colorful answer to this - but the truth is boring and practical. All stimulus money to date saved at Navy Federal Credit Union. This money we hope to keep untouched and always there. Right now strikes me as a good time - even more so than usual - to be saving money. Rob

Scuba fund.

Yppej
    Saving it and hoping to get more the end of this month and install a half bath. Due to my son's OCD sharing a bathroom is a major source of conflict.

Getting my tax refund would also help, but I made the mistake of filing on paper as I always have. What a disaster that is. I submitted a form to the Taxpayer Assistance office to see if they will give me permission to file electronically even though I already filed by paper since they can't see to get paper returns processed.

Gave away the first check. Saved the second and life was busy enough at that moment that we didn't spend it. Second and third checks will go to people we know who are still in precarious financial position and/or will be spent hiring people to do some house updates.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Ironically, each time we have had to use a portion for car repairs. The rest in savings and getting my gardens going.

A retired couple who are friends gave away the first stimulus last year as they did not need it. I received $500 from them. It went into savings and is still there. They gave it away to people who were unemployed. It was fabulous of them. I was blown away.

That is so nice, Tradd, and nice of you, Steve! I spent mine on moving to take care of parents. Second one will be saved for either taxes or health expenses.

$2400 to bulldog rescue because all fundraisers cancelled in 2020.

Have not yet sent $600 to neighborhood association but this thread prompts me to do it this week.

Am pressuring DH to give HIS $600 to an organization of his choice. But his money, his choice.

The next $1200...don’t know, will likely split it among a couple of orgs.

I've selfishly added it to my stash while simultaneously wondering why it was gifted to me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

A few bottles of decent scotch. The rest I wasted.

Thread Information