Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: To Those Living In The US (re: Stimulus $)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I used them for the Econ 101 class at my daughter's school :-)
    We should add that to our voting requirements, US Citizen, 18 years of age, successful completion of bae's Econ 101 class.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ah!

See, I knew it that Donald loved me most.
    Be sure to write Hawley and Blunt and tell them they suck for voting against it. And write a Dem to thank them.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    We should add that to our voting requirements, US Citizen, 18 years of age, successful completion of bae's Econ 101 class.
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    It makes no sense to provide cash as such like a UBI. Just provide things people need, like housing.
    Have you ever taken a close look at the "housing projects" the government builds? Let alone spent any time living in one? Many of the big, highly touted housing projects built by the government in the 50s-70s have been demolished because they were such disasters. And in most cases it wasn't bad design or bad construction that doomed them, it was bad policies regarding who could live there and under what circumstances.

But that's way too big and complex a subject to get into. This is one potential starting point, among many, if anyone wants to explore to sordid history of Public Housing https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-08/by-2011-atlanta-had-demolished-all-of-its-public-housing-projects-where-did-all-those-people-go

Thread Information