Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heard of ecopsychology? Healing with nature

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    We are SO disconnected from nature we have to pay money for a course to tell us that it's going to be good for us if we learn to appreciate our connection with it.
    I get the impression most of the legitimate ecopsychology courses are intended for psychology students who will use ecopsychology as a therapy method for treating their patients.

BTW: The woman who did the TEDx talk is in charge of the campus food garden at the university where she teaches. Apparently she uses growing food plants as a way to strengthen her students' human-nature bond. When you plant and tend the food that you eat, your connection to the natural processes becomes very explicit, especially if you're using natural/organic gardening methods. https://www.csun.edu/sustainability/erica-wohldmann and https://spiritplantmedicine.com/dr-erica-wohldmann/

I’ve often thought that if we could hear the screams of the organisms being starved and devoured all around us, we wouldn’t find a stroll through nature all that serene or therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’ve often thought that if we could hear the screams of the organisms being starved and devoured all around us, we wouldn’t find a stroll through nature all that serene or therapeutic.
    Life is good at the top of the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Life is good at the top of the food chain.
    If you have the stomach for it.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I think Henry Thoreau had ecopsychology covered a few years back:

"Henry Thoreau liked to get his feet muddy; all nature was a tonic for him. Nearly every day, year round, he was out walking — exploring and studying every nook and cranny in Walden Woods, Estabrook Woods, and the rest of Concord, and recording in his journals in vivid detail what he heard and smelled and saw."

Mr Thoreau saw Nature as an antidote for most men "who lead lives of quiet desperation"....
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information