Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Must be Early...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spring Must be Early...

They’ve already kicked off the 2021 riot season in Portland. It may have been about a pipeline from Canada to Wisconsin. It may have been about Minneapolis cops. It may have been provoked by the authorities removing a fence in front of the Courthouse. Or maybe it was just the simple joy of mostly peaceful arson and vandalism.

I read that the radical TERF group was gaining momentum. There are a lot of cultish groups out there that don't represent any mainstream ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I read that the radical TERF group was gaining momentum. There are a lot of cultish groups out there that don't represent any mainstream ideology.
    As well as the radical Smurf “Blue Lives Matter” movement pushing their defund Paw Patrol agenda through mindless violence.

I heard about a group of armed ( basically) white men who wear Hawaiian shirts as ID garb in these riots. Their MO is to be rabidly anti-police. So they show up to BLM protests to protect the protesters. Ideologically they are neither pro nor con, they’re there in their minds to protect protesters.

Has anybody heard of this fringe group? Would they be anarchists or a flavor of anarchist?

Yppej
    The Hawaiian shirts are Boogaloo and they are right wing.

Snow is forecast for Thursday night and Friday where I am. Spring is not early and we do not have any protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I didn't realize Jimmy Buffet was a Boogaloo boy, or right wing for that matter. Live and learn!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

Snow is forecast for Thursday night and Friday where I am. Spring is not early and we do not have any protesters.
    That’s it, Boogaloo Boys. I have to say, the Hawaiian shirts or a stroke of genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I didn't realize Jimmy Buffet was a Boogaloo boy, or right wing for that matter. Live and learn!
    The venn diagram of boogaloo boys and Hawaiian shirt wears has two overlapping circles, not one big circle for both.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The venn diagram of boogaloo boys and Hawaiian shirt wears has two overlapping circles, not one big circle for both.
    So a Hawaiian shirt doesn't automatically label someone as a Boogaloo Boy, good to know! Giggity!!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So a Hawaiian shirt doesn't automatically label someone as a Boogaloo Boy, good to know! Giggity!!
    This is good news, as I used to wear only Hawaiian shirts at my old job and still have lots, had tiki torches before they were cool, and love Martin Denny, Yma Sumac, and Les Baxter.

I've even got Tiki statues in my garden.

Thread Information