Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Wow that Biden stock market!

Yppej
    Psychological projection is an interesting phenomenon. People accuse other people of things they themselves are guilty of. For instance, a troll will accuse others of being a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Psychological projection is an interesting phenomenon. People accuse other people of things they themselves are guilty of. For instance, a troll will accuse others of being a troll.
    Good example of self-deceptive rationalization.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I just sunk $117.50 from aluminum can and Pete #1 plastic bottles recycling money into shares of American Airlines. I've doubled my money on Ford but am thinking these AA shares were not a bright buy. We"ll see.

For myself I believe the stock market is beyond overvalued but I like Colgate Palmolive and Coca Cola.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am not a financial professional in real life nor do I play one on this site. Rob
    Rob, I think it's terrific that you took aluminum cans and plastic bottle recycling money and put it into the stock market. I was thinking of buying stock with any Craigslist sales we make, but we keep spending it on fish and chips.

My mother used to take me to her broker's to watch the ticker tape. It was great, and I do buy individual stocks.

Lots of people start with something like you are doing. This last year has been a great time to buy certain stocks low. I was personally burned by Ford in the last recession--I bought them because they were Ford and they didn't take a buy out, but they never really did much. I also think you like to think about things, conditions, how things work, trends--all of these should make you a good stock picker.

Enjoy your new hobby!

Good for you Rob. You engaged in beverage container arbitrage, and used the proceeds for capital formation.

This country needs people like you. Unapologetic capitalists.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    If I may ask - what is the zoning on the 1/3 acre? Could I live there in a mobile home/tiny house or would there be too many legal issues? Also, I have to ask - rattle snakes and scorpions? They may be the deal breaker. I have enough issues with the stink bugs here - LOL.
    Not 100 percent sure of tbe zoning but I did call Cochise County after inherifing the lot in regards to living in an RV on fhe land. Pretty much a no go except for brief periods of time.

It is open desert but not far from Douglas and close to the boder. It's in Sunset Western Garden Guide Zone 10 at 4000 ft and dies not have stereotypical Arizona desert plants and animals due to fairly cold winters - little snow most years but many nights under 32 snd reliably some under 20F. Great climate zone! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Why are you trying to justify yourself? There is no need and nobody’s business, especially the jealous troll(s).
    I'm trying to be better as a member and be a little more polite. Remember too that I myself have a few times been accused if being a troll. I try to give a little benefit of doubt. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Agreed. So tiresome. And so predictable.
    From a new source, though. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Rob, I think it's terrific that you took aluminum cans and plastic bottle recycling money and put it into the stock market. I was thinking of buying stock with any Craigslist sales we make, but we keep spending it on fish and chips.

My mother used to take me to her broker's to watch the ticker tape. It was great, and I do buy individual stocks.

Lots of people start with something like you are doing. This last year has been a great time to buy certain stocks low. I was personally burned by Ford in the last recession--I bought them because they were Ford and they didn't take a buy out, but they never really did much. I also think you like to think about things, conditions, how things work, trends--all of these should make you a good stock picker.

Enjoy your new hobby!
    Thank You for the kind words, Tybee. I am thinking of making this a hobby with small misc amounts of money. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Not 100 percent sure of tbe zoning but I did call Cochise County after inherifing the lot in regards to living in an RV on fhe land. Pretty much a no go except for brief periods of time.

It is open desert but not far from Douglas and close to the boder. It's in Sunset Western Garden Guide Zone 10 at 4000 ft and dies not have stereotypical Arizona desert plants and animals due to fairly cold winters - little snow most years but many nights under 32 snd reliably some under 20F. Great climate zone! Rob
    Thanks for responding. Too bad on the "no" for RV living. Hopefully it is at least a nice get-away place for camping or such.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    See, that's not "support", that's "well, I'd rather have gout in my toe than my leg amputated".
    Today I was thinking about the thread as Joe Biden’s stock market reached a record high in the Dow. I also had gout in my foot last week.

Thread Information