Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draperies

I haven't been able to find that style of drapes for years. That style in avacado green, were what my old house had in the red carpeted bedroom, when I moved in. I tried finding that style, but everything went to other style rods/hangers. Now they are more just curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I haven't been able to find that style of drapes for years. That style in avacado green, were what my old house had in the red carpeted bedroom, when I moved in. I tried finding that style, but everything went to other style rods/hangers. Now they are more just curtains.
    Pinch pleats? Is that what you are talking about?

There are Overstock pinch pleated curtains.

I am considering a window treatment decision right now with my Hermann house. The house is wired for wall lights above each window.I guess we are keeping them, I told DH to decide since I am on the fence. Proper window treatment standards call for your curtain rods to be well above the windows to make them appear taller. i can only kinda/sorta understand that since when the curtains are open, it is apparent how tall the windows are.

The drywall is out in our Hermann house and all wiring open for change.

It was decided to go with the honeycomb horizontals that retract from either the top or bottom. Actually, rather than windows, the entire wall is 4 framed glass doors, so this should work. AND it will only cost half of what drapes would have.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    It was decided to go with the honeycomb horizontals that retract from either the top or bottom. Actually, rather than windows, the entire wall is 4 framed glass doors, so this should work. AND it will only cost half of what drapes would have.
    Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Great choice. I'm thinking they're like the picture Tybee posted, right?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I had to check what is meant by honeycomb horizontals; https://www.hunterdouglas.com/window...neycomb-shades

I agree with Tybee, very nice!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good choice!
    I have three window walls in my LR; I could use an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Pinch pleats? Is that what you are talking about?

There are Overstock pinch pleated curtains.

Now that I am in another house, I learn the correct search term.

Curtains however, are what I normally see. Completely different rod, and normally thinner.

I have had drapes, metal and plastic blinds and honeycomb ones and all are a pain to keep clean. I love curtains that I can take down and wash twice a year.

Thread Information