Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: old letters about family friends

I think she will love them!!

It's funny, I was just opening the box and thinking Gosh, do I really want to do this, and the very first letter I pulled out had a whole page about a crib bumper my grandmother had made and sent to them, and she had conferred with the other grandmother before making it, and what the friend said, and the wife, and all about the baby. So now I guess I'm stuck.

I have to laugh because my father wrote incredibly dutiful letters, full of thank yous to my grandmother for making candy, etc., and all about training at Parris Island, Camp LeJeune, and Pendleton, and all his classes at college, and who went to dinner with who and who dated who and days spent sailing--I don't think my kids ever wrote me that kind of letter. I guess he liked staying in touch, and phone calls were very infrequent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yes, that's it, was a little worried about making this lady upset or sad. I will write and see if she wants copies of the letters before sending anything.
    If you're talking about making physical copies, not digital scans, go ahead and do it. Put the copied letters in an envelope, then put that envelope inside a bigger envelope along with a letter explaining who you are and that copies of the letters are enclosed. That way she can open the inner envelope and read the letters when/if she wants to, or pass them on to other relatives/friends, or silently toss them.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    If you're talking about making physical copies, not digital scans, go ahead and do it. Put the copied letters in an envelope, then put that envelope inside a bigger envelope along with a letter explaining who you are and that copies of the letters are enclosed. That way she can open the inner envelope and read the letters when/if she wants to, or pass them on to other relatives/friends, or silently toss them.
    Yes, I am making physical copies--that is a good idea of how to send them, thank you!

I would treasure such letters if they came my way. It's kind of you to send them.

Thread Information