Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden 2021

Garden 2021

DH brought asparagus from Herman. This is our very first asparagus ever. DH hates it he won’t eat it, and he has always said about our small city plots “we don’t have room for asparagus.”

So when we got 1 acre in Hermann I told him it’s time to plant asparagus and he did. Our first harvest ever.

I usually pickle a few small batches when it's in season here. Would he eat it that way?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I usually pickle a few small batches when it's in season here. Would he eat it that way?
    You mean raw? No he will not eat it under any circumstances.

There were a couple of places I knew of to pick wild asparagus, but the competition is on to them and I've given up beating them to the harvest. Distinctly better than store bought. Maybe stir fry with a little bacon?

Yppej
    I hope yours lasts. Mine died out after a couple years though I dug very deep holes for it, gave it good enriched soil, etc.

Well, no, I didn't mean exactly raw. Pickled, like canned in a jar, processing them as pickles. But sounds like no.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Raw is best! :- ) IL, I am jealous of your patch! It takes a while to establish. But if someone doesn't like it, what can you do? Sad that would be - I love the stuff. I don't have a patch currently- it was on the fence row and the neighbor's dog "watered" it to death. Well, their goats kept eating it, too. And no, I wouldn't have eaten it raw from that patch, lol. My DB has a fair bit in his fencerows, and I can usually cabbage some from him.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Well, no, I didn't mean exactly raw. Pickled, like canned in a jar, processing them as pickles. But sounds like no.
    Ah I read pickle as “picked.” Lazy reading!

but nope he won’t eat.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Ah I read pickle as “picked.” Lazy reading!

but nope he won’t eat.
    How about in a Bloody Mary?

Last year I dug up my strawberries and put them in a raised bed that I made. They did quite well yet not as good as when they were in the ground - I attributed that to moving them. This spring I go out and look and the runners are doing great - the plants look good and full - can't wait to see how many produce this summer. I bet they are going to be great! My cherry trees that I put in --- not so good. One broke right off at the ground level. We shall see if the other one gets any leaves. Apples and Peaches are doing great. Blueberries great. Lots of flower bulbs sprouting. Come on Spring!!!
    Questions About Essential Oils??? PM Me..... I Love My Oils

Thread Information