Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Canucks Go

Go Canucks Go

Well here I am on the coast above Vancouver and we are down to the big game. The Bruins are looking very good, I have to say. I am not even a hockey fan, but you can't live here and not be involved in the fiesta.

Mrs-M

Okay a few hours to go. Go Canucks Go! or Bruins!

I beg to differ. This will be a repeat of the great win on Mother's Day 1970 when "The Great One" (The second great one as the first was Henri "The Rocket" Richard, and the third was Wayne Gretsky) Bobby Orr scored in overtime and flew in the air after the shot giving the Bruins the Stanley Cup.

The problem is that Luongo has put up a wall to his goal at home.

One thing we can agree on that the game will likely be a very good one.

Wishing that the Canucks win this one!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Well, that was disappointing. Thought it would be a closer game. I like to watch hockey since I grew up in Edmonton during the Gretzky era, but only actually watch one game (usually one of the finals) every few years, since we don't have regular TV. But it was still nice to see the Bruins so happy. Maybe next year I'll be watching Winnipeg - ha ha - probably not.

ah well. The bruins are just a really good team. Lovely to see them with the cup.

Well done Boston!

Mrs-M
    I'm thoroughly embarrassed, disgusted, and ashamed to be Canadian this morning as a result of the post game rioting and uprising. How despicable.

My wife at the end of the game asked me why a Canadian team doesn't win every year. I then explained that Canadians play on all NHL teams along with Americans, Finns, Swedes, Russians, Ukrainians.....

While I was pleased that the Bruins won, they were my team as a child, what really pleased me was a seven game series. Oh and what hockey fan didn't enjoy seeing the short handed goal.

Thread Information