Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kondo Fatigue

I liked George also and ignored what I thought was annoying. I miss others that have left also. With such a small forum it hurts more when people leave.

Count me as a weirdo but I actually like folding my underwear and storing them like files in a box in the drawer. The just-washed ones go in the back. I do this with my T's and sweaters and turtlenecks too. All my riding clothes are in a wooden blanket chest; rows of perfectly folded shirts, fleece and pants. With hanging clothes, I do the 'turn the hanger around' thing to see exactly what I wear and don't wear. Having a wardrobe containing only things I love to wear is wonderful.

I completely devoured her book and got to tidying right away. Lots of books were donated, along with clothes. What really helped me get rid of things is thanking the object before donating. Beloved childhood toys were tough, so I wrote them a little letter (I found it a few months ago and had a happy cry over it).

As an avid thrift store shopper, I'm always finding good quality clothes that I want. Now I try not to go anymore because I can't leave these bargains in the store. I have more than enough; if I buy a purse, one of my current ones has to go. I'd love to be more of a minimalist, but I do like all that I own.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    ... but I do like all that I own.
    And I think this is the most important part. Just getting down to owning just the things I like would be so nice. Congrats to you!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My son installed my closet organizers yesterday and I love them. I have 3 closets and gave him 2/3rds of one. My stuff fits well and everything is easily accessible.

A new book, Marie Kondo's Kurashi at Home, was reviewed in the NY Times edition of 11/20/2022. The reviewer, Julie Lacky, says Kondo "sounds like a life coach from time to time", such as when writing about life-and-work balance.

I would be interested in comments from any folks that have read this book.

"Kurashi" is a Japanese term that translates as "lifestyle", with connotations of comfort and serenity. I understand that the challenge is to consider what sparks joy not only among our possessions, but also environments, relationships, and daily activities.

Link to photo of a red bridge in the Showaga gorge, Toyama, Japan. To me it looks like an environment that would spark joy. http://www.pinterest.de/pin/279293614375999068

Thread Information