Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kondo Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    But you DO have a silverware tray, which by your original logic is "redundant" because it's "a container within a container".

Some items are most efficiently stored and organized by keeping them in containers on shelves, or containers inside of cabinets, or even containers within containers. There is a sweet spot somewhere between too much containerization and not enough, and your simplistic statement about containers in drawers totally misses that.

Also you know damn good and well I wasn't talking about the kitchen having only one huge drawer, so stop feigning naivety.
    I’m beginning to wonder George Parker why you hang around this website since we all seem to be fairly stupid and/ or naïve, deliberately obtuse, sloppy readers, and we have other character flaws. Is it really in your best interest to work with us to make us better?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m beginning to wonder George Parker why you hang around this website since we all seem to be fairly stupid and/ or naïve, deliberately obtuse, sloppy readers, and we have other character flaws. Is it really in your best interest to work with us to make us better?
    Thanks IL. I was wondering but you said it so well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thank you, IL!

That folding underwear video is nuts. There's no way I'd ever do that. But my underwear is not bright and cheerfully various as the person in the video's. I bet that person also folds their socks. Mine are just in two stacks, one white, one black (one on each side of the stack of underwear of course). Storing them this way means it doesn't really matter when the washing machine eats one and leaves me with an odd one.

I said Gardnr was "feigning naivety"' IIRC you use translation software which may have mistranslated that phrase.

And before you criticize my attitude by attributing things to me that I haven't said, you should examine your own rhetoric. "we all seem to be fairly stupid and/ or naïve, deliberately obtuse, sloppy readers, and we have other character flaws" is pretty strong language when you can't back it up by pointing to anything I've actually said.

Certainly I disagree with some people here. And a few people here are sometimes guilty of jumping to conclusions instead of actually reading what a post says. But that's just the nature of an open discussion in a healthy forum -- When everyone thinks alike, it means no one is really thinking.

So if you don't want to read what I write, why not just hit the Ignore button instead of replying? It won't hurt my feelings a bit if you do that, because I know some people don't like ideas being openly challenged and debated or they don't like the style in which I do it. And that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    But you DO have a silverware tray, which by ApatheticNoMore's logic is "redundant" because it's "a container within a container".

Some items are most efficiently stored and organized by keeping them in containers on shelves, or containers inside of cabinets, or even containers within containers. There is a sweet spot somewhere between too much containerization and not enough, and ApatheticNoMore's simplistic statement about containers in drawers totally misses that.

Besides, you know damn good and well I wasn't talking about the kitchen having only one huge drawer, so stop feigning naivety.

Correction Note:
    Gardnr was replying to my reply to something ApatheticNoMore wrote. In this post I accidentally attributed ApatheticNoMore's post to Gardnr. I've edited this post to correct that. Mea Culpa.
    Since we are all so F...ing stupid, why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Where in that post did I say anyone was stupid?

Disagreeing with an opinion doesn't mean you think the other person is less intelligent than you. It just means you disagree with their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Thanks IL. I was wondering but you said it so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Thank you, IL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I came back after more than ten years absence because lurking for a while made me think this forum had reached a point where it was now possible to openly engage in dialog about differing opinions without anyone automatically getting their knickers in a twist and launching personal attacks or questioning the motives of whoever they disagree with. Obviously I was wrong about that.

Gardnd, a well used "ignore" function can make your life less stressed.

George,
    The forums have gone through many transitions but the one thing that has remained is dialogue about many subjects. I really enjoy it and learn a lot about differing viewpoints. I do get exhausted about the polarization of thought and take a break when it gets really bad but other than that, there is very little judgement passed.
    I keep hearing a judgemental view from your input on others' posts . Everyone's post is right for their circumstances and viewpoint. You have offered your viewpoint which is just your opinion based on your understanding. It is not the final word or answer, simply your opinion which is no more valid or accurate than anyone else's.
    You have provided excellent info just as others have done. Just don't judge others or the content of their posts.

FYI, oftentimes people will join in a longer thread without reading the earlier portions. EG: Don't refer back to your post #2 when the thread has reached over #60. Most threads deviate from the original post going in some surprising and often enlightening directions. We are, most of the time anyway, having a chat over the garden fence, offering support when needed or a listening ear for a vent or suggestions on dealing with an issue as might any group of neighbours. At least that is how I see it with one exception - Simple Public Policy. I avoid it as it makes no sense to me at all most of the time.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information