Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November Purge

November Purge

I gifted 2 jigsaw puzzles and 1 book via my Facebook giving group.
    My sister grabbed my bag of fabric recycling and a bag of donation items and dropped them off for me while she was dropping off her own stuff. She also took some unloved pottery to give away at work. I love my sister!

Took 5 little children's books to the "Little Library" box next to the park. I've gotten a book or two from there. Love the idea and that it seems decently used by people in the area.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    A pajama top that just was not comfortable.

Need to get rid of boxes from a bunch of online orders this weekend. They’ve piled up.

I bought the wrong sized Tena disposable underwear for my husband from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. My fault, but can't return them. Just dropped them off at a local non-profit hospice. Also dropped off a roll of super-large lawn trash bags at our church (they specifically need them). Since we moved to a duplex, we have a much smaller yard and I don't rake leaves, so we don't need them anymore.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I ordered reading glasses from readers.com and they did not fit. They don't do returns and exchange was no charge so I guess the first pair will go in the thrift store bag. Also plan to go through bedsheets and eliminate the 20 yr old ratty ones.

Yppej
    My protest sign (two sided).

Got rid of all the boxes. Felt good to have them gone. Pitched some other stuff, mostly paper.

We moved from the city where we could put furniture out on the alley and the city’s bulk truck came by once a month to dispose of it if no one else had come along to pick it up.

Here in Hermann, they do bulk pick up only twice a year. We put out our stuff on the curb, and I was happy to see people driving around picking stuff out of our pile. I had three pieces of furniture that were borderline for going to the landfill. They took each of those three pieces.

I still have pieces saved back that are nice enough to go to Goodwill and we will drop those off one of these days. And then, I have an entire set of furniture —pink chairs, a pink rug, and a screen, —that are all color coordinated. They don’t fit in this house but we’re going to use them for a while and then they will go to a thrift store. But they’re not going go to Goodwill because Goodwill doesn’t have enough floor space for a lot of furniture. The St. Vincent de Paul Society in St. Louis has a big store that has lots of furniture choices.

Have you considered trying a buy nothing or free giveaway group on FB for the furniture?

Thread Information