Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: April Frugals

Oh no!!!! I am so sorry for that engine trouble, brand new...

I am so sorry. That’s terrible! I hope that they resolved the issue quickly and isn’t a indicator of things to come. You could use less stress.

Yppej
    I called today for an update. Their mechanic cannot recreate or solve the problem so the car remains in their shop while I drive a gas guzzling loaner that is costing me money to fuel up. They will not give me my money back.

Sat down and ran some numbers with new job pay. Will allow me to pay down cc nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I called today for an update. Their mechanic cannot recreate or solve the problem so the car remains in their shop while I drive a gas guzzling loaner that is costing me money to fuel up. They will not give me my money back.
    https://www.dmv.org/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

Yppej
    Jane, in my state they have 3 attempts or 15 days to solve the problem. Then they can still refuse and it goes to the regional office of the manufacturer, and if still not resolved to an arbitration board. It is not consumer friendly.

I did get them to fill up the tank of the loaner for me.

Jane, in my state they have 3 attempts or 15 days to solve the problem. Then they can still refuse and it goes to the regional office of the manufacturer, and if still not resolved to an arbitration board. It is not consumer friendly.

I did get them to fill up the tank of the loaner for me.
    I hope it turns out to be a disconnected wire or something equally benign, Jeppy.

Yppej
    They found two different misfire codes in the OBD history.

They found two different misfire codes in the OBD history.
    Finding a problem is at least something positive,

yppej I am currently waiting for Hyundai's offer to repurchase our 2021 Tucson...Maryland consumer protection agency has guidelines- Hyundai responded before I had filed the paperwork..Check engine light - purchased Sept. 2020, in the shop over 20 days, attempted repair 4 times, plus the recall for the ABS system which meant we could not put the car in our garage as it might catch on fire! So, I am now waiting for the offer and pondering what I'll take for it. Our dealer never had a loaner available and also wouldn't fill the tank after they test rode it for a weekend...and also after they drained the tank as the sensor said it was bad gas...it wasn't-it was the O2 sensor. They replace it, the downstream on and this last time the same downstream one. i'm sending you good wishes that yours is resolved quickly!

Thread Information