Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: April Frugals

For decades I only bought American cars. We have had a Toyota Corolla and Honda Accord since 2008 and 2010 and all they have ever needed is routine maintenance, brakes and tires. Even though the Honda was originally mine I prefer the smaller car and took the Toyota. I will probably never need another car.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    For decades I only bought American cars. We have had a Toyota Corolla and Honda Accord since 2008 and 2010 and all they have ever needed is routine maintenance, brakes and tires. Even though the Honda was originally mine I prefer the smaller car and took the Toyota. I will probably never need another car.
    These are our two makes of choice as well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I am the third little old lady that has owned the Toyota Corolla and it has 60k miles and is 13 years old.

My C300 is 100% American made in Alabama. German in name only.

We are back in lockdown starting today so did a quick grocery trip yesterday afternoon. Fresh turkey, leftover from Easter I think, were marked down to
    98 cents/lb or 1/3 of normal price. I brought it home and roasted it immediately. Absolutely delicious!!! It is all cut up, frozen in portions and turkey soup in my Instant Pot as I bought the IP crock pot lid which works well. Will strain and get leftover bones into the garbage pick-up tomorrow.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    My C300 is 100% American made in Alabama. German in name only.
    FYI, Mercedes stopped assembling the C series in Alabama last year. I believe they're now primarily assembled in South Africa while the Alabama plant is now limited to higher end SUV and EV production.

But regardless of where they're assembled I don't think any automobile manufacturer has produced a 100% American made model in years and years as all their supply chains are global.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    I have gotten some free food and free clothes at work. One guy made spanakopita, one brought in Virginia peanuts. I got a company sweatshirt and a T shirt.

On the car front they are offering me a no cost upgrade from a subcompact to a compact that I will probably take since they still cannot figure out the problem. It is still a Kia which does not thrill me but the only other thing they offered was a Nissan which has a worse reliability record. I could tell they would make me wait months and fight them to get a cash refund, and I do need a car. Hope this time it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FYI, Mercedes stopped assembling the C series in Alabama last year. I believe they're now primarily assembled in South Africa while the Alabama plant is now limited to higher end SUV and EV production.

But regardless of where they're assembled I don't think any automobile manufacturer has produced a 100% American made model in years and years as all their supply chains are global.
    It's 5 years old. I received a certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    It's 5 years old. I received a certificate.
    Yes, I believe they were assembled there for 5 or 6 years before being transferred overseas.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    yppej I am currently waiting for Hyundai's offer to repurchase our 2021 Tucson...Maryland consumer protection agency has guidelines- Hyundai responded before I had filed the paperwork..Check engine light - purchased Sept. 2020, in the shop over 20 days, attempted repair 4 times, plus the recall for the ABS system which meant we could not put the car in our garage as it might catch on fire! So, I am now waiting for the offer and pondering what I'll take for it. Our dealer never had a loaner available and also wouldn't fill the tank after they test rode it for a weekend...and also after they drained the tank as the sensor said it was bad gas...it wasn't-it was the O2 sensor. They replace it, the downstream on and this last time the same downstream one. i'm sending you good wishes that yours is resolved quickly!
    Sounds like Route 2 Hyundai. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Thread Information