Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April Purge

Yppej

April Purge

I have started throwing away things associated with the car I traded in.

We still are purging the junkmaster’s junk so may fill another trailer for the dump. Also have stuff for the thrift store. I have been selling items on Nextdoor and Facebook marketplace as well as putting stuff outside for free. I am probably winning April queen purger as well as March).

Having a pop-up garage sale with a girlfriend tomorrow morning. Hoping to get rid of a lawn mower, trimmer, and about 6 square feet of stuff.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Good luck Becky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We still are purging the junkmaster’s junk so may fill another trailer for the dump. Also have stuff for the thrift store. I have been selling items on Nextdoor and Facebook marketplace as well as putting stuff outside for free. I am probably winning April queen purger as well as March).
    We bow to you, oh Purge Queen!

I got nuttin’. oh wait, yesterday in a fit I pulled 3 pieces of framed at off the walls and pitched to outdoors. Will take to dumpster today. The sad story behind this is, I found two pleasant and nicely framed complementary prints at Goodwill. Finding decent art at the thrift store is unusual.

So anyway I brought them home because I knew exactly where I would put them. As I was prying off the Goodwill label I accidentally poured GooBeGone all over one of them and that immediately seeped behind the glass frame and ruined the matting. Well you know after that, no point in keeping it.And by then I already had the original prints off the wall but I was tired of them, they had two defects, and I’m throwing the whole batch into the dumpster.

I love my new title IL). Worked all day yesterday and sold a expensive wood dog gate and a nice cabinet for the bathroom. A guy took half the firewood and another will take the rest today. It’s expensive to buy. We gave the roto rooter machine and construction items to our neighbor who is very nice. All the houses around here have plumbing issues unless they have re-lined or replaced the sewer line. I am really hoping we finish today.

Yppej
    The mask I poked holes in and wore once after doing so. I got some thinner more breathable ones after that. I can't wait for the day I can purge all masks. A customer was complaining the other day he got a vaccine but is still stuck wearing one.

I've completed transferring all of my music CDs to a memory stick, computer, and and an external hard drive. I debated selling the CD player on eBay and it had a small problem so the simple thing was to take it to be recycled. My recycler takes CDs for ten cents a piece. I suppose most people sent these to the landfill, but I'm going to fess up to the recycling fee. My count is up to a hundred and will end up to be maybe twice that. That was a lot of money sunk into music in the day. My correct digital money sink is Amazon Music which is separate from Amazon prime, which I don't have. It is actually pretty nice and has everything, but at ten dollars a month it may be temporary.

Gave a friend an almost full can of paint. She was looking for white, but didn't want to spend the money and I remembered I had some left from when the new pantry shelves went in and got painted. Win-win for both of us!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Had a long working day yesterday but today will be shorter and we will be done except for renting a truck and taking a load to the dump. I may not help as none of this crap is mine. Another man took the rest of the firewood and another guy knocked on the door asking if he could have the wood in the dump pile. It was good wood and I had more in the backyard I hadn’t carried out yet so that’s a win. My ex will be gone today. He slept here last night for the last time. My girlfriend is spending the night tonight. I have entertained myself in the evening buying some stuff online such as a crystal chandelier for the dining room and a matching floor lamp for the living room. Becky how did your sale go?

Thread Information