Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: April Purge

We've had an extremely dilapidated outdoor table and chairs out in our backyard ever since we moved in ten years ago. I finally posted them on our neighborhood Buy Nothing group, and a neighbor said she wanted to try to restore them, so off they went - 4 chairs, one table.

New total for month: 17.

Yppej
    The old dryer turned out to be unrepairable and is disassembled in the basement. Does anyone know if any components like the drum can be sold as scrap metal?

The new dryer arrived yesterday and wouldn't fit through the door - no, neither of us thought to measure - so DS disassembled and reassembled it and it works. Another item off the household to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The old dryer turned out to be unrepairable and is disassembled in the basement. Does anyone know if any components like the drum can be sold as scrap metal?

The new dryer arrived yesterday and wouldn't fit through the door - no, neither of us thought to measure - so DS disassembled and reassembled it and it works. Another item off the household to do list.
    ANY metal can be sold as scrap. DH got $46 this week from the scrappers. But you will get very little, here it is only worth it for a guy woth a truck collecting the stuff to take it in.

Here, old appliances set put in the alley in the morning disappear by afternoon from scrap collectors.

Broke out the shredder and got rid of five years/folders. Still motivated, so will continue cleaning out more old files/papers. Four small bags of shredded paper into recycle!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Threw out 3 old pairs of my daughter's sneakers - alas, they were to worn down to pass on to a younger kid.

New total for month: 20.

Yppej
    I am still sorting through things from the cars and feel like a bag lady moving from vehicle to vehicle. In a two week period I drove 6 cars - son's as mine was having issues, mine when his was in the shop until mine died, parents' until I could trade in mine which I was able to restart, new car #1, loaner when new car turned out to be a lemon, new car #2.

I got cancelled for vaccinations again. So, today was the day. I went through our files. In the recycle bin: manuals for stuff long gone (it's been hubsters' domain and he hasn't kept up).

A Trader Joe's bag nearly full of paperwork that contains personal and/or financial info. Our community does an annual "free shred-it" drop off at the Sheriff's office. Saturday it happens!

No paper shredder taking up space here. We just don't generate enough to make me want it sitting around.

Between the 2, about 10 pounds of trees will hopefully become new paper products!

Wohoo!

DH gave me permission to go through his clothes. I bagged up 5 large kitchen trash bags of clothes that are too small for him and dropped them at the thrift store this week. Pulled some items out that I though DS and maybe DD might be interested in. DS was by a couple of nights ago and took about 1/2 a bagful. Will winnow out a few things for DD and take the rest to the thrift store on my next trip.

Also sold a dresser and have interest in a coffee table I want to get rid of.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I purged all “sent” email messages from the year 2018. Next up: 2019 messages.

I’m not sure it really serves a purpose to get rid of them, but it Certainly doesn’t serve a purpose to keep 99.9% of them either.

Becky, you are making great progress!!

Thread Information