Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vaccine and family conundrum

vaccine and family conundrum

DH still refuses to get vaccinated which is his right. However, it is putting me in a tough spot as family members and friends now want to get together, ie come for overnight visits. My brother plans to be here in three weeks with the assumption that we will both be vaccinated. I am too embarrassed to admit to him (or anyone else) that DH will not be vaccinated. I don't know a single person in my world that is non-vaccinated so this a real conundrum on how to proceed.

I would be going to visit family without him-he can stay home alone.

If everyone else you know is vaccinated what is the problem? I would think your social circle has herd immunity.

I think wise practice would be to be open and honest with everyone about who is vaccinated and who is not for starters.

I have something similar gathering planned for late April with 6 good friends and family and may involve meeting in uncrowded public places. All will have been past the two week period after the second dose except one fellow in his early 80's who has refused the vaccine. Far as I know he is the only one at risk and has made his choices. He can choose to avoid any situation where he's not comfortable.

I believe my brother will decline to visit if I tell them about DH which makes me very sad...

You do need to be honest about vaccinations. Not a surprise you would want to dump on someone at the last minute when you know it is important to them.

Sorry that this is happening to spoil a gathering. Your DH has made his choice. Is there a way that you can connect or meet with them elsewhere? Or will your DH leave the house for the duration of their visit? This will not be the last time that this situation will arise so you do need to get it aired out with your DH.
    Definitely need to be honest with your brother but emphasize that you need their support because you really want a visit with them and ask how it can be arranged without DH. Otherwise, you are going to be isolated which is not right.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

He can go to a motel for the length of your brother’s visit.

DH doesn’t want to get the vaccine? Fine. But he can then deal with the consequences - people knowing he refuses to get it and being banished into exile when people come to visit.

DH isnt getting the vaccine, for a while anyway, and I have been telling our friends about it so that they can choose to include him, or not, in their get togethers.

Because we are coming up on summer I’m sure he will be fine in socializing during the summer because we can all meet outside. But inside? I don’t know if they’ll meet with him. But it’s not my problem it is his.

Pinky, don’t take on a problem that is not yours. I don’t know what to do about houseguests other than inform them. It’s their choice whether they come or not.Or, they can stay in a motel.I wouldn’t kick my husband out of his own home for something like this. As if I could anyway, haha.

Thread Information