Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Yppej
    If both the examiner and examinee are vaccinated they are at a much lower risk of getting covid than catching something like the common cold from the other person.

What is a typical breakthrough infection? A person who feels perfectly fine but gets tested for some reason or other, never gets symptoms, isn't hospitalized, and doesn't die. Think an Olympic athlete subject to routine testing missing out on a once in four years opportunity because of a positive test that is no more significant than being told your blood is B positive.

But fear drives the media and they inspire paranoia in certain people.

I don't think fear and/or paranoia have anything to do with your unwillingness to wear a mask for the length of a dr's appointment resulting in you foregoing treatment for a known, fairly serious eye condition. Again, so sorry for you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I don't think fear and/or paranoia have anything to do with your unwillingness to wear a mask for the length of a dr's appointment resulting in you foregoing treatment for a known, fairly serious eye condition. Again, so sorry for you.
    "For most people central serous retinopathy disappears on its own with no medical intervention."

Source:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...#complications

Of course someone who is afraid, paranoid, or just uninformed could make it out to be much worse than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    "For most people central serous retinopathy disappears on its own with no medical intervention."

Source:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...#complications

Of course someone who is afraid, paranoid, or just uninformed could make it out to be much worse than it is.
    Oh, okay. I thought you were concerned about your health enough to go to a dr. but I guess that is not the case, based on what you say here, so why bother looking for one at all - mask requirement or not?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

If I were a doctor I would be doing all I could to avoid getting infected, including both wearing a mask and making my patients wear masks. One of the absolute last things I, as this theoretical health professional, would want is to be responsible for spreading a deadly pandemic. That’s not a very healthcare-ish thing to do.

Yppej
    Some common sense should come into play. My dentist did not make me wear a mask because they could not clean my teeth if I did.

Similarly if a mask clouds up someone's vision they shouldn't have to wear it during an eye exam.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    If I were a doctor I would be doing all I could to avoid getting infected, including both wearing a mask and making my patients wear masks. One of the absolute last things I, as this theoretical health professional, would want is to be responsible for spreading a deadly pandemic. That’s not a very healthcare-ish thing to do.
    I agree. Even if the dr masked up, I would not want to be that patient next in line after the patient that did NOT wear a mask, especially for the often up-close and personal parts of an eye examine.

In answer to the question in the OP--my daughter and son-in-law

I think my daughter is following her husband's lead, which is surprising, because she's usually very independent-minded, but he is a bit of a rebel in general, and he is not doing it because of skepticism and paranoia, and my daughter, for some reason, is following his lead.

So it has impacted the family in that my son and DIL refuse to be with them during family gatherings (rightfully so) because they have two small children, unvaccinated. In less than 2 weeks, my NJ son will be coming up for vacation, and we'll all be together at multiple occasions, and it's going to exclude my daughter from many of these activities.

Such a shame. Not sure she realizes the position she's putting the whole family in, but today's the day I'm going to lay it on the line (DH has repeatedly told her to get vaccinated in text messages). I know she would bend, but I wonder if she would now put the shoe on the other foot and be able to influence her husband.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    In answer to the question in the OP--my daughter and son-in-law

I think my daughter is following her husband's lead, which is surprising, because she's usually very independent-minded, but he is a bit of a rebel in general, and he is not doing it because of skepticism and paranoia, and my daughter, for some reason, is following his lead.

So it has impacted the family in that my son and DIL refuse to be with them during family gatherings (rightfully so) because they have two small children, unvaccinated. In less than 2 weeks, my NJ son will be coming up for vacation, and we'll all be together at multiple occasions, and it's going to exclude my daughter from many of these activities.

Such a shame. Not sure she realizes the position she's putting the whole family in, but today's the day I'm going to lay it on the line (DH has repeatedly told her to get vaccinated in text messages). I know she would bend, but I wonder if she would now put the shoe on the other foot and be able to influence her husband.
    I'm sorry your family is being impacted. Unfortunately, if your event is less than two weeks away, she (and her dh if he changes his mind) still won't be two weeks out from a first shot, let alone have the completion of the 2nd shot.

The Delta variant is said to be 1000 times more transmissible than the original version, in a matter of seconds--and as long as people refuse to get vaccinated, there will be ever-more mutations--any one of which might be more deadly than COVID is now. So some may call it paranoia; I call it caution.

Thread Information