Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Yppej

Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

I got tired of waiting for the governor to admit our essential industry is essential so I started looking on my own now that my state lowered the eligibility age to 55. Nothing in my area is available. The J&J 15 million wasted doses appears to be hitting hard.

My doctor's office said they would contact me when the time came but have not. I signed up with my city but they are still dealing with first responders, people in housing projects, and those over 75.

Is anyone else still waiting?

Nope, fully vaccinated here with the exception of my 19 year old grandson. He's scheduled for his first dose on the 16th now that vaccines have been authorized for those aged 16 and over.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I got tired of waiting for the governor to admit our essential industry is essential so I started looking on my own now that my state lowered the eligibility age to 55. Nothing in my area is available. The J&J 15 million wasted doses appears to be hitting hard.

My doctor's office said they would contact me when the time came but have not. I signed up with my city but they are still dealing with first responders, people in housing projects, and those over 75.

Is anyone else still waiting?
    not waiting. But...
    The three places I signed up for, expecting a loooooong wait, contacted me within 10 days after I had received my first shot. I got this first one when I learned, thru Nextdoor, that a local hospital was administering the vaccine to senior citizens in my zip code.

It seems that the vaccine became available kinda all at once here.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-15-21 at 1:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    not waiting. But...
    The three places I signed up for, expecting a loooooong wait, contacted me within 10 days after I had received my first shot.
    When I signed up for my first shot through our county health department they also scheduled me for my second jab 3 weeks later. It was a very efficient operation.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Still waiting. Hoping to get the J+J but as Jeppy said, hard to come by in MA. I've waited on line several times for 1/2 hour for the CVS website, but by the time I get "admitted" from their waiting room, the available shots have all been taken (this is after I check local area first to make sure something is available). If I was more flexible and was willing to drive 1-1/2 hours from home, there are often /some/ available.

CT is having a drive through clinic with J+J next week in the town where my Mom lives. Still asking for recipients to live/work/study in CT- it would have been convenient as I go to CT each week to visit Mom and attend to her needs. I guess if I really stretched that, I could justify in my head that I "worked" in CT but I'll just wait for a while longer.

New Hampshire is allowing anyone, resident or not, to get their shots. IIRC Jeppy, you aren't far from NH?

Our state is wide open to 16 (Pfizer) plus!

With more than 30% unwilling, appointments were going to waste. I'm in charge at my location tomorrow. We have 600 total appointments and only 238 filled. Quite disheartening. Herd immunity is unlikely in the rural West.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Still waiting. Hoping to get the J+J but as Jeppy said, hard to come by in MA.
    None of us have it. The company wasted 15 million doses 2 weeks ago. We had to cancel 1000s of appointments

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    We have 600 total appointments and only 238 filled. Quite disheartening. Herd immunity is unlikely in the rural West.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    None of us have it. The company wasted 15 million doses 2 weeks ago. We had to cancel 1000s of appointments
    Is there a correlation there? Are people waiting for the one dose version?

I remain unvaccinated, due to having no transportation. I'm a threat to no one, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Is there a correlation there? Are people waiting for the one dose version?
    Yes there are. Fear of needles is a huge driver for many. I've had a lot of comment from my patients at how worried they were and how surprised they are at my small needles and barely feeling it. They are sorry they waited hoping for J/J.

Thread Information