Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am a different breed. I just won't go somewhere if I don't have to if they will make me wear a mask rather than hassling the customer facing staff.
    Which is your choice and a wonderful decision on your part FOR YOU!

Now if you would only accept and allow those folks that require masks to do so without you whining and complaining about it! And, do what you choose WITHOUT putting anyone else at risk!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Which is your choice and a wonderful decision on your part FOR YOU!

Now if you would only accept and allow those folks that require masks to do so without you whining and complaining about it! And, do what you choose WITHOUT putting anyone else at risk!
    I don't put anyone at risk.

I got vaccinated. Vaccines work.

People can stay six feet away from me instead of crowding up against me if they are so worried.

And I have a First Amendment right to whine if I want to. You can add me to your ignore list if you don't like it.

People can stay six feet away from me instead of crowding up against me if they are so worried.

And I have a First Amendment right to whine if I want to. You can add me to your ignore list if you don't like it.
    True. Whine away - at least you admit that you are doing it. Anyway, it's a reflection on you - not anyone else.

And, again, I never said that vaccines don't work - just that they are not the prevent-all miracle you seem to believe them to be. (see previous post)

Yes, you do put others at risk - it's the fact that you believe people should "stay away from me" versus you stepping up and staying away from others while you are unmasked, and you believe that others should allow you to be up-close and personal (eye doctor, for instance) while you are unmasked. But you just don't want to admit it to yourself that you actually do that.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

In addition to masks really helping on planes I imagine also that the extreme lack of humidity on planes exacerbates traditional nasal issues that people have always complained about.

Except for all the people they donít. Like the 4 out of 9 women I mentioned a few days ago.

By all means continue to believe the untruth that once you are vaccinated that you canít infect others. SMDFHAYO.

My DW is waiting for the full FDA approval *sigh* but it is her body and her decision. I am a bit of an antivaxxer myself, but on this one felt good about
    my decision. Her sister bombards her with texts about every bit of news about the unvaccinated, which I am afraid is making her dig her heals in deeper.
    Maybe this fall?

Similarly if a mask clouds up someone's vision they shouldn't have to wear it during an eye exam.

Glass eyes? Never seen someones eyeballs, cloud up from breath. In my years of eye exams (with the old school methods where they touched your eyeballs, with the instruments, that my mother was the surgical nurse for), I never heard of that. Doctors tested the eyes, without my glasses on, to check them against the current prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    My DW is waiting for the full FDA approval *sigh* but it is her body and her decision. I am a bit of an antivaxxer myself, but on this one felt good about
    my decision. Her sister bombards her with texts about every bit of news about the unvaccinated, which I am afraid is making her dig her heals in deeper.
    Maybe this fall?
    I'm with you--I'm not one to rush out and get every cure-all Pharma comes up with, but the COVID vaccines seem eminently sensible and life-saving. I don't understand not getting one if you're able.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Glass eyes? Never seen someones eyeballs, cloud up from breath. In my years of eye exams (with the old school methods where they touched your eyeballs, with the instruments, that my mother was the surgical nurse for), I never heard of that. Doctors tested the eyes, without my glasses on, to check them against the current prescription.
    Good point, the exam does tend to be without the eyeglasses on. I'm going for mine in a couple of weeks so can report back.

I have had doctors ask to see my vision with my glasses, and they also have me sit against a glass device.

Having just had part of a dental claim denied for being too frequent I am not about to waste an eye exam benefit and then later if I have to do a do-over if we ever get to a post-mask world have that redo denied.

If we had socialized medical/dental/vision where everything is covered without out of pocket costs I would take the risk of a cloudy exam and go.

Thread Information