Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    If I had symptoms that lingered months (not a few days or a couple weeks but months), I'd realize that I deserve decent healthcare (yes, I also have insurance), that doing without basic healthcare for who knows what reason is silly, and go to the doctor just to see. If the doc said it was no big deal, I wouldn't necessarily take a prescription. I don't think it always calls for meds.

I had a cough that lingered a few months once, I did eventually go to the doc, I just got prescription cough medicine, so no revelation.

But mostly we get so little from our doctors, as they rush through their 15 minutes as fast as they can, and we're somehow to blame (how absurd) for what most everyone will honestly acknowledge is a broken system, if we occasionally seek medical care.
    But that is just what I live with.p, coughing and hacking during pollen season.

I will say that after the Scourge of 2019 where I was sick with severe respiratory crap for a year, I am willing to go thru allergy testing for a Potion and may do that in the fall. The Scourge of 2019 was each time set off by being for 8+ hours in an enclosed room with hundreds of plants. I didnt want to go to a Dr. who would tell me to stop visiting those plants for 8 hours.I suffered for my Art.

Yppej
    People who would be loath to ever file a homeowners insurance claim or small auto insurance claim because it will raise their rates have no similar qualms about going to the doctor. What do they think drives medical premium increases?

This is why medical inflation is right up there with higher ed inflation. Though in the pandemic I have seen some universities advertising they are freezing their tuition. Nothing comparable is happening in healthcare.

Every week, I see heroic people who declined to visit the doctor, because they didn't want to bother the doctor for something minor, or who didn't want to deal with the co-pay, or who didn't want the bother of scheduling and going to an appointment.

Typically I see them in crisis, in the middle of the night, as we load them into the ambulance to get them to the chopper to medevac them to a higher level of care, in hope that they might live.

So, don't follow Dr. Yppej's advice, please. It is quite a bit more expansive to have a paramedic, an EMT, several firefighters, an ambulance, a chopper, a chopper pilot, and a couple of flight nurses take care of you than to get proper preventative care and catch things early.

Yppej
    Every day something is wrong with me. Today my back ached, yesterday my foot was sore, the day before my skin was dry and cracking, and the list goes on. Maybe I should go to the doctor every day.

Yppej
    Heard today from a place in West Virginia and it may be a go for a mask free eye exam. I could combine that with seeing Harper's Ferry which I've been interested in for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Heard today from a place in West Virginia and it may be a go for a mask free eye exam. I could combine that with seeing Harper's Ferry which I've been interested in for years.
    I'd wrap my head in gauze and duct tape to avoid driving more than a couple of miles, but that's just me.

My work offered us the vaccines and I took it because it was nearly impossible to get an appointment where I lived because I am not "high risk". My husband got his through his doctor since he is diabetic. Oldest got his through his work and youngest got his through his school. I only got it because I knew eventually everything would open up and only vaccinated people would be able to go maskless. I wasn't going to miss out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    My work offered us the vaccines and I took it because it was nearly impossible to get an appointment where I lived because I am not "high risk". My husband got his through his doctor since he is diabetic. Oldest got his through his work and youngest got his through his school. I only got it because I knew eventually everything would open up and only vaccinated people would be able to go maskless. I wasn't going to miss out on that.
    That was my motivation, too, to be able to hang out with my granddaughters and my mother in memory care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    That was my motivation, too, to be able to hang out with my granddaughters and my mother in memory care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    My motivations were:

- required for work
    - didn't want to spread covid to patients
    - didn't want to catch covid from patients, or tourists
    - didn't want to kill my ~80 year old parents, who rely upon me for assistance
    - a faint hope I would develop superpowers, or at least grow tentacles

Thread Information