Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Yppej
    The Vermont eye doctor is not accepting new patients. I am now thinking maybe Rhode Island or Maine. Will see.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I feel very grumbly lately. Everything is struggle and frustration, it seems. Maybe the coming sunshine will cure my malaise.

I've had those moods. Hopefully the sunshine will help, otherwise, I used to just sleep a bit more.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Went to the grocery store yesterday. I'd forgotten that it was the first day of normal for California. About 2/3 of the people were still wearing masks (including me). Noticed a few minor changes around the store. For instance the bulk, store-cooked bagels were individually wrapped throughout the pandemic. Yesterday they were unwrapped with a tray of paper bags nearby like they were 15 months ago. That 'protection' had always seemed rather silly since throughout the pandemic I could still walk across the store to the produce section and pick up individual apples or other produce. At least the bagels have a sneeze guard.

Yppej
    Maine and RI still have restrictions. I am trying more eye doctors in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Went to the grocery store yesterday. I'd forgotten that it was the first day of normal for California. About 2/3 of the people were still wearing masks (including me). Noticed a few minor changes around the store. For instance the bulk, store-cooked bagels were individually wrapped throughout the pandemic. Yesterday they were unwrapped with a tray of paper bags nearby like they were 15 months ago. That 'protection' had always seemed rather silly since throughout the pandemic I could still walk across the store to the produce section and pick up individual apples or other produce. At least the bagels have a sneeze guard.
    Not to be argumentative or anything, but I'm thinking most produce can be/does get washed once people get it home. I don't know that I would want to eat a bagel I had to wash first. lol.

On the other hand, I have no problems with buying a bagel in a bagel shop or some place that has them in containers together as long as it is only the employees who have access to bag it up for me (every place I have been even pre-covid, the employees wore gloves) - instead of the potential of every shopper in the store being able to touch and choose as many bagels as they want before finding their perfect one for purchase.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

In theory people are using the little tissue slips to pick up the bagels and not actually touching any of them. Whether they do or not, who knows.

I wonder which kills more germs. Rinsing/rubbing an apple in water for ten seconds or heating a bagel in a toaster. Either way, with case counts here in the low single digits for a county of 250,000 people I’m not concerned about getting covid from either.

If you were going to get covid from bagels, getting take out, much less door dash etc. delivery from who knows who, would be a problem and people shouldn't have gotten take out and delivery during covid. But formites turned out to be a real non-issue. There is what actually spread covid (breathing) and what never much did, although at the very beginning we did not know, so I washed stuff from the grocery back then too.
    Trees don't grow on money

Went into the city today to go to the recently fully reopened library. Still a lot of masks being worn. And still required at the library which makes sense given the very diverse type of patrons they have.

very diverse being code for homeless But yea it really does make sense there.

most places I am going are not particularly diverse (in terms of class anyway), they aren't particularly disadvantaged, and I'm not wearing a mask now vaccinated. But where have I even been? the gym, the store, restaurants, kinda, that's about it.
    Trees don't grow on money

Got my J&J today, via Uber.
    I think I was prudent choosing that one, due to the logistics of it all.
    After sporting 2 snug fitting masks, five layers, plus a filter, I'm solidly on team yppej.

I'll see about a booster later.

I also got 10% off 2 pounds of char siu BBQ pork, which will end up in Singapore noodles some time in the future.

Thread Information