Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    From a logistical standpoint, doesn't that make sense? I would think it takes a lot of local organization to secure locations and personnel to accomplish the goal.
    Jesus H C, yes!

what value the feds can bring to this process is not clear to me.

Several months ago my county discovered it had been shorted a great deal on the distribution compared to other counties in the state. Some kind of oversight (I like to blame it on being in the PDX media market which accounts for most of the ignoring we get down here). Anyway, they made up for it.

What I'm hearing now from GenX friends is that they are going to Walmart late afternoon and asking if they have "waste" vaccine. That is, vaccine left over for the day's scheduled appointments that folks didn't show up to receive (and they'd have to toss). You queue up with others and get it first come/first served. Two of my coworkers got it that way.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Our fastest and most efficient vaccine sites is the one run by the National guard. My sister lives in the suburbs of Chicago and said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    From a logistical standpoint, doesn't that make sense? I would think it takes a lot of local organization to secure locations and personnel to accomplish the goal.
    Perhaps. Although there are several federal government entities that have the relevant skills/knowledge to have pulled this off. Off the top of my head drawing on the logistics skills of the military and FEMA, the distribution skills of the post office, and the mass data skills of the census bureau could’ve been a good start. Undoubtedly there still would have been parts of the process handled at the local level but 50 states all having to build the entire wheel from scratch just doesn’t seem like a particularly efficient way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Still nothing in my area today. I checked with HR and although we have a self-insured pre-ACA plan there will be no out of pocket cost to me wherever I go, so I just need to find a place. RR when I looked at pre-register as I read it that was only for mass vaccination sites?
    Jeppy: The site says it is for mass vaccination and regional collaborative locations, but they gave my friend an appointment at a site that was not any of these, so it might be worth going through the steps and see what happens: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/pr...ive-locations-

Yppej
    I guess it is good I did not get a vaccine yet. I would have gone for the J&J to avoid two trips and now it has been halted because it causes blood clots to the brain in some women.

I have now canceled two J & J shots (last one at Costco) after the news of adverse reactions at mass clinics gave me cold feet. I read today that Biden's Covid authorities may be asked to recommend only one Pfizer or Moderna shot so that more product will be available. The first shot provides quite a bit of protection or so it is reported. And no doubt a booster will be coming soon to cover new variants. I think there may be many people like myself who would rather wait just a tiny bit longer until FDA approval of Pfizer which should happen soon. I have a Friday appt for Pfizer in any case (Walgreen's).

Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday around noon and by the end of my shift (midnight) the side effects hit - couldn't lift my shot arm, achy all over especially neck and back, nausea, dry heaves, chills, etc. Horrible night, but I managed to follow their instructions and not take anything. Bit better this morning. Debating whether to go into work or not.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I guess it is good I did not get a vaccine yet. I would have gone for the J&J to avoid two trips and now it has been halted because it causes blood clots to the brain in some women.
    Six cases claimed out of seven million doses administered. I doubt whether the trip to the clinic was less risky.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Six cases claimed out of seven million doses administered. I doubt whether the trip to the clinic was less risky.
    That's right. It's an insanely low risk. However, I read in the NJ online paper that I still get that a man got the J&J vaccine on March 12, was diagnosed with COVID April 1, and he is now in the hospital in critical condition. Again--this is n=1, but still...
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information