Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have had doctors ask to see my vision with my glasses, and they also have me sit against a glass device.

Having just had part of a dental claim denied for being too frequent I am not about to waste an eye exam benefit and then later if I have to do a do-over if we ever get to a post-mask world have that redo denied.

If we had socialized medical/dental/vision where everything is covered without out of pocket costs I would take the risk of a cloudy exam and go.
    I just had an exam and they did some without glasses and some with glasses, and the glasses did fog up with the mask, so we just wiped them off and started over. I think it is a common problem. So they are dealing with it as they do the exam.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I just had an exam and they did some without glasses and some with glasses, and the glasses did fog up with the mask, so we just wiped them off and started over. I think it is a common problem. So they are dealing with it as they do the exam.
    After reading what you posted, and after a lack of response from LensPure, I guess I will try an eye exam. But I am not going to go back to the last place I went.

The sequence of events was I went to Place A for a routine eye exam and due to the issue they saw they sent me to Place B that was more specialized. At Place B I was there for three hours which is a long time to wear a mask.

So I called my vision plan today and ordered a list of providers in my area and I will pick one that knows nothing about my eye history. I will see if they notice any problem like Place A did. Since my condition usually improves on its own if they don't see any problem I will consider myself cured.

If I go to a place that knows my history they will want me there for hours doing various tests which not only is a breathing issue but could be an unnecessary expense if my eyes are fine.

Some common sense should come into play. My dentist did not make me wear a mask because they could not clean my teeth if I did.

Similarly if a mask clouds up someone's vision they shouldn't have to wear it during an eye exam.

Ok ... Enough of the nonsense... I have over 35 years in the dental field. We have patients rinse with a solution of hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds or chlorhexidine gluconate ( also known as Peridex) . we also go over their current health history about the current medications and the usual questions regarding Covid. during a dental procedure. there are precautions taken as there is a lot of aerosols due to the air/water syringe, the hand pieces and splatter of saliva and blood. Also the use of rubber dams a a huge help in preventing aerosol exposure using hand instruments instead of using the cavitron ( ultra sonic hand piece used in cleaning sub gingivally)
    As far as the fogging glasses, there are many many products that can be used to prevent glasses fogging up due to masks , we in the dental field have been using them for decades. Its also used to prevent fogging up on the dental mirrors as, it is completely non toxic. Fogging should not prevent you for getting an eye examination.
    Last edited by boss mare; 7-27-21 at 6:35pm.

Yppej
    I heard on the radio today that people in rural Missouri are getting secretly vaccinated. They don't want their anti-vaxx family members to know. They will tell the person administering the shot, "Please don't tell anyone." Some places have set up more private quarters for giving the shot so the recipient will not be seen.

I know both my shots were given in view of others. Maybe making this type of accommodation can help with some of the vaccine hesitancy.

Got a letter from our school encouraging parents to get their kids 12 and older vaccinated or they will have to quarantine 10 days if exposed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    Ok ... Enough of the nonsense... I have over 35 years in the dental field. We have patients rinse with a solution of hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds or chlorhexidine gluconate ( also known as Peridex) . we also go over their current health history about the current medications and the usual questions regarding Covid. during a dental procedure. there are precautions taken as there is a lot of aerosols due to the air/water syringe, the hand pieces and splatter of saliva and blood. Also the use of rubber dams a a huge help in preventing aerosol exposure using hand instruments instead of using the cavitron ( ultra sonic hand piece used in cleaning sub gingivally)
    As far as the fogging glasses, there are many many products that can be used to prevent glasses fogging up due to masks , we in the dental field have been using them for decades. Its also used to prevent fogging up on the dental mirrors as, it is completely non toxic. Fogging should not prevent you for getting an eye examination.

100% agree. Facts are facts. Not everyone is amenable to fact. I wore safety glasses and masks in the OR for 4 decades. Fogging? Nope.

I've had 3 eye exams and a laser iridotomy procedure this year. I wore my mask the entire time of all 4 visits. Not a problem.

What helps? I'm not looking for any excuses to bitch about any mitigation.

Yppej
    Heard today from a place in West Virginia and it may be a go for a mask free eye exam. I could combine that with seeing Harper's Ferry which I've been interested in for years.
    Just as well I guess this eye exam didn't work out. Biden is reimposing indoor mask mandates at Federal sites which would include Harper's Ferry as well as the Harriet Tubman National Underground Railroad Museum in Maryland so a September Mid-Atlantic vacation I had contemplated will be a no go.

Hopefully my own state stays mask free. The dictator is set to make an announcement Monday on masks, and from what he has said so far my guess is he will only impose restrictions on the Cape and Islands. I have seen on maps on the news where I live has moderate transmission and where I work low transmission. There are two other categories, something like high and extra high.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    Got a letter from our school encouraging parents to get their kids 12 and older vaccinated or they will have to quarantine 10 days if exposed.
    That is a very good letter, and would certainly persuade me, if I needed persuading, which I don't. I hope the 5-12 year olds can get vaccinated soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    That is a very good letter, and would certainly persuade me, if I needed persuading, which I don't. I hope the 5-12 year olds can get vaccinated soon.
    Both of my boys got vaccinated so it's a moot point with us. Oldest got it through his job. Youngest didn't want to get it. I told him that if schools opened up in the Fall, they might either require the vaccination or make you wear a mask all day. Ultimately, it wasn't his choice and he got vaccinated. I think now he appreciates it since he sees that things have gone back to normal for those who are vaccinated.

Yppej
    Saw paperwork lying on the floor that DS got his first shot last week. He is in the demographic lagging at vaccination. I am happy he finally got around to it.

Thread Information