Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

I learned a lot on the Minneapolis Vaccine Hunters Facebook site. I created an account just to access this, got the info I needed, and killed the account.

Some details that probably apply nationwide: CVS opens appointments around midnight, Walgreens about 6AM. Independent pharmacies, Walmart, and many grocery store pharmacies also have the vaccines. I was able to get an appointment at a small pharmacy about 2 hours away, but if I'd had more time to work on finding a local appointment, I could have.

The CDC has a "find my vaccine" link on their website which will tell you which local pharmacies have the vaccines (and which vaccines).

I received my doses in March.

Today is my two week anniversary for the second dose. I was on the waiting list for the county health, Kaiser, and a mega hospital near me, which turned out sort of useless. I perused the CVS website and the local supermarket pharmacies sites a few times a day and finally got in at a supermarket pharmacy a couple of blocks from my house. No crowds and no waiting each time.

I also used a web site developed by a local computer geek as something of a volunteer notion. It scans different pharmacies for opening. He's now expanded it for most states. It's called vaccinespotter. It was helpful and free, easy to navigate, with no registration required.

https://www.vaccinespotter.org/

Yppej
    Nothing near me in vaccinespotter but thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Nothing near me in vaccinespotter but thanks anyways.
    If you like the format, it updates every few minutes and so is worth return visits.

*Almost* everyone in the immediate and extended family (adults and young adults) have gotten both shots, their 1st shot with 2nd scheduled, or have their appointments for the 1st. Hoping for a family picnic or game night by June or July!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I get my second dose the 21st.

I'm scheduled to go with a few residents for the J&J shot on Tuesday at another facility. Not sure if that will happen now or maybe they will switch to a 2-dose vaccine. Not a fan of needles and am hoping for a one shot deal, but the reported side effects are scaring me a bit. And one resident has dementia/Alzheimers, one is 93, and the other has some health issues. I guess they're more at risk of having a reaction, but you never know.

Jeppy & Herbgeek: I recently helped a friend get scheduled. I went to the mass.gov site and filled out a pre-registration form, and they called him the next day with an appointment right in the town where he lives.

I got my second shot April 1. I had it done at a local Walgreen's and it was SO easy. No one in the pharmacy--they took me right away both times. The shots were painless (except for a little soreness afterwards, but the injection, as Gardnr said, was nothing. Similar to Alan, the two shots were scheduled simultaneously.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information