Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

In California everyone whose employer has 25 or more employees gets 80 hours of covid related sick time, including for vaccinations or caring for a loved one, that can be used anytime between 1/1/21 and 9/31/21.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My employer does not.

I can see you feel strongly about this because you posted the same thing twice.
    So use sick time if you need to. Get it done and quit bitchin'.

My employer does not.

I can see you feel strongly about this because you posted the same thing twice.
    System error. Just noticed it had happened twice.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    System error. Just noticed it had happened twice.
    It happened to me too - and has in the past as well.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I remain unvaccinated, due to having no transportation. I'm a threat to no one, however.
    The vaccine was supposed to be free but if you have to provide your own transportation it"s not. If I did not have a car to get to the mass vaccination sites our governor keeps pushing people to use it would cost hundreds of dollars in taxi fares each time, since there is now no single dose vaccine available. Local health departments invested in freezers so they could vaccinate people and then the Dictator took their vaccines away. Employers of essential workers like my employer signed contracts to purchase vaccines for their workers, to be administered by a registered nurse, and then the Dictator took our vaccines away. Now some people say we should also give up two days pay to get vaccinated. That is not how free works.

Dictator took their vaccines away.
    Its CDC guidance being used. I know you like to blame Charlie, but really, he's following the science and caution. Also, the Janssen vaccine doesn't need to be held at those cold temperatures. If you're going to continually complain, you could at least get your facts correct.

The vaccine was supposed to be free but if you have to provide your own transportation it"s not. If I did not have a car to get to the mass vaccination sites our governor keeps pushing people to use it would cost hundreds of dollars in taxi fares each time, since there is now no single dose vaccine available. Local health departments invested in freezers so they could vaccinate people and then the Dictator took their vaccines away. Employers of essential workers like my employer signed contracts to purchase vaccines for their workers, to be administered by a registered nurse, and then the Dictator took our vaccines away. Now some people say we should also give up two days pay to get vaccinated. That is not how free works.
    This reminds me of dozens of discussions here over the years, what I want should be free and if it's not completely free then I am not respected and this is a terrible place to live. I think it's silly but I guess if there's any place for it, it's here.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Some are free riders, some are paranoid, and some have legitimate concerns. If I had an autoimmune disorder or was on chemo and my system could not handle a vaccine I would not consider myself to be a freeloader.
    These populations are being strongly encouraged to get vaccinated. I've had some very happy patients this past week with these health challenges. They wished they could have been at the front of the line given their risk if they had contracted covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    This reminds me of dozens of discussions here over the years, what I want should be free and if it's not completely free then I am not respected and this is a terrible place to live. I think it's silly but I guess if there's any place for it, it's here.
    Dude, they don't even give you a meal allowance for getting the vaccination!

What sort of hellhole is this?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Dude, they don't even give you a meal allowance for getting the vaccination!

What sort of hellhole is this?
    But at least people can bring snacks and water to the people waiting in line without getting arrested.

Thread Information