Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is the vaccine now ok’d for youth? I had thought our delay was due to untested for kids status.
    You are right. I corrected it to 'over' age 12.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Given the initial data on one of the new variants that is fast spreading around the planet, I'd strongly encourage anyone who hasn't been vaccinated yet to do so ASAP.

Lord knows I'm trying. I submitted a form for the at-home vaccine visit maybe two weeks ago. I've heard nothing. I've decided J&J is the way to go. Safeway says they have it on one site, but not the other. Called. They don't have it. It will have to be a walk-in, because my transportation is marginally reliable--Uber or the Community Transit "short bus," so an appointment would be iffy. And all because my wretched excuse for a car chose COVID time to throw a tantrum. In truth, I could go a couple of years, probably, without getting one--I'm at more risk leaving the house to get vaccinated than I currently am staying home. At this rate, I'll be so angry I'll have a stroke and make a vaccination moot.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    So proud of Vermont. First state to have 80% of all eligible people vaccinated! Also the lowest rate of cases and deaths on the Continental 48. We have lifted all restrictions and states of emergency as of yesterday.
    Really? If there is no mask mandate I would go to Vermont for an eye exam, but it is my understanding the mandate is still in effect in "health care settings". I don't think a doctor's office for a routine screening should be lumped together with the covid ward at a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Really? If there is no mask mandate I would go to Vermont for an eye exam, but it is my understanding the mandate is still in effect in "health care settings". I don't think a doctor's office for a routine screening should be lumped together with the covid ward at a hospital.
    And those of us who do medical work are glad you are not in charge of such things.

I'm in fact going for an eye exam in just one hour, and there are a set of covid-related protocols I have to do for the visit. Quite sensible ones. Then again, my County has its policies set by people who actually have a clue. (Unless perhaps it is purely an accident that we also have had the nation's top-performing response to covid, even in the face of the million+ "visitors" we have here every year...)

Yppej
    I emailed a VT eye doctor since the state's website only references Federal transportation mask mandates. A few days ago I emailed an optometrist in NH but they never got back to me. This could be a new take on medical tourism.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I emailed a VT eye doctor since the state's website only references Federal transportation mask mandates. A few days ago I emailed an optometrist in NH but they never got back to me. This could be a new take on medical tourism.
    Indicative of a deep understanding of epidemiology - "Gosh, I don't like the safety measures in my area, I think I'll travel somewhere else to take advantage of their less restrictive conditions. That will surely end well!"

It's good to know where peoples' priorities lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Indicative of a deep understanding of epidemiology - "Gosh, I don't like the safety measures in my area, I think I'll travel somewhere else to take advantage of their less restrictive conditions. That will surely end well!"

It's good to know where peoples' priorities lie.
    hunh, you mean The Science is not uniformly known, understood and/or carried out in Science/health settings? By people actually in The Science? i am shocked. Not.

yet, we mere peons outside of The Science are constantly berated here and elsewhere for not knowing or understanding The
    Science.

I don’t think there’s really any hope for us, and that probably can be interpreted in a variety of ways which is fine with me.

Yppej
    Maybe science can explain how a mask that fogs up my glasses - and presumably the glass device put over my eyes during the eye exam - can allow me to get an accurate eye exam.

#IDidn'tGetVaccinatedForNothing

It's pretty far into making assumptions territory to assume the mask would fog up the eye device they use for glasses. But if masks have become the focus of your life ... you look for things that might possible go wrong I guess.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information