Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There’s nothing wrong with having the unvaccinated suffer the social consequences of not being vaccinated. Their body, their choice, and their consequences.

I cheerfully tell all of our friends that DH is not vaccinated and be sure and treat him accordingly. No problem! It doesn’t have to be done with meanness, it’s just a fact: No vax, no come near me.

This week DH had his semi annual doctors appointment and I thought his doctor would read him the riot act. According to DH, if I am to believe what DH says, the doctor didn’t argue with him but did say he urges DH to get a vaccine.
    Now young children are being infected so there are consequences. How long does the virus stay in the air? He could be infecting without realizing. It is a sad state of affairs IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    BS.... (see bold above).

The variant is more transmissible PERIOD (to what degree is irrelevant). Any reasonable person would try to avoid getting. Quit your whining and, if you don't want to wear a mask, stay away from places where they are required. As others have stated here, it is a prudent doc that wears a mask. He/she is in contact with all kinds of people. They should not put themselves or any of their patients at risk.
    Any reasonable person and any person with or claiming to have common sense - yes.

But, more often than not, selfishness trumps (intentional wordage - roflol) common sense - and compassion for others, as well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I'm not sure I agree because we are never going to be done with COVID if people are not responsible. The variants will continue to mutate and cause more problems.
    I don't see that as a problem that shaming can solve. Because it's a global virus, as long as it exists in the rest of the world variants will continue to mutate, unless we had closed borders they will come here.

Now one could argue instead that the unvaccinated are creating a world of torment for say healthcare workers, and I don't doubt it. I can't imagine they like to see people dying for no reason that could have just got the vax. How much can people whose job it is to help the sick, take of people not taking the simplest measures to help themselves?
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My dentist did not have me do this. And anyways the virus is not transmitted through the eye or the forehead that rests against the machine you look into for eye exams.
    Do you hold your breath the whole time you’re at the eye doc? We all learned quite some time ago that surfaces are a very minor transmission route of covid.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Do you hold your breath the whole time you’re at the eye doc? We all learned quite some time ago that surfaces are a very minor transmission route of covid.
    I am vaccinated. I don't need to.

Yppej
    What does shaming do? Lead to the sale of fake vaccination cards online.

I don't get why people are using the term "shaming" with regards to masking, not masking, getting vaccinated or not getting vaccinated. For example, facts say masks help against the virus - help protect the person wearing the mask and help protect others around them at the same time. Pointing out that someone is whining when they ARE whining is being truthful about a behavior. If that person ends up being ashamed because of their own behavior, that's on them. If they don't, again, that's on them.

However, from a different perspective, I guess it could be "shaming" in the sense that - if vaccinated or not, you don't wear a mask and you get sick, that is a consequence of your own behavior; however, don't wear a mask and make someone else sick - shame on you! Okay, I can see the "shaming" in that.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Just got off my weekly team meeting call at work. Coworker from Idaho announced he's got Covid and then dropped off the call.

I don't know for sure he's unvaxxed (nobody asked) but I'd guess he isn't. He didn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I don't get why people are using the term "shaming" with regards to masking, not masking, getting vaccinated or not getting vaccinated. For example, facts say masks help against the virus - help protect the person wearing the mask and help protect others around them at the same time. Pointing out that someone is whining when they ARE whining is being truthful about a behavior. If that person ends up being ashamed because of their own behavior, that's on them. If they don't, again, that's on them.

However, from a different perspective, I guess it could be "shaming" in the sense that - if vaccinated or not, you don't wear a mask and you get sick, that is a consequence of your own behavior; however, don't wear a mask and make someone else sick - shame on you! Okay, I can see the "shaming" in that.
    I have learned from many years hanging out on the internet that it is “shaming” depending on who says it and what side they are on vis-à-vis the observers of the “shaming.” In other words, shaming is wrong until it’s right.

Me, I’ve got little problem with shaming. Shame can be a useful societal tool to address behavior. It isn’t always effective though, and sometimes it’s the opposite.

Since no one here is claiming to be unvaccinated, all the ranting about it isn’t really shaming in my opinion, it’s just ranting.

“Public shaming “is a standard checkbox for reporting posts on Nextdoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am vaccinated. I don't need to.
    The vaccine doesn't keep you from getting or passing along the virus! It - hopefully - keeps you alive should you get it or any of the variants - again, hopefully.

Thread Information