Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

I hear you Jane on the arthritis of the knee, my mom has it, her mom had it before her. Already realizing I can't do exercises that strain the knee excessively like squats, but that's just "hey stupid, don't do squats, your knees aren't built for that". My mom is otherwise she is quite healthy at her age - in her 80s - she's either got many years ahead or will go in near perfect (except for the darn knees) healthy probably.
    Trees don't grow on money

I’m usually not one for government forcing people to do stuff, but in this case, it needs to be mandated. The only people allowed to skip would be those with real medical reasons. No religious exemptions. You don’t get the vaccine, you don’t get to do a lot of stuff. A number of private universities in the Chicago area have mandated students have to be vaccinated to attend classes/live on campus in the fall.

I'm fine with the government, or business, or individuals, not allowing non-vaccinated people to engage in some activities in spaces where there may be danger of transmission. I've had to do this several times with whooping cough outbreaks for some preschools I helped run here, here in the heart of hippy-dippy anti-vax sentiment.

However, I don't think it is appropriate for government to force people arbitrarily to receive a medical treatment against their will.

Yppej
    In Georgia they are giving out $25 Walmart gift cards to people who agree to be vaccinated, but there's nothing like that in my area.

I got my first Moderna dose last night and they wanted me to get my second 3 1/2 weeks later on a Tuesday in the middle of the day. It is supposed to be given 28 to up to 42 days later, not that soon. I came home and spent all evening looking and found a place in New Hampshire and signed up for my second dose there 29 days later on a Saturday. I will have Memorial Day weekend to recover from any side effects. I get paid out for my unused sick days at the end of the year and I don't want to waste them on vaccines.

None of the sites in either Massachusetts or NH let you search by type of vaccine if you are looking for a second dose. That made it extra time consuming.

My arm is sore, last night I felt chilly, and I'm a little draggy, but nothing too bad but I hear the second shot is the bitch. One customer at work said within a half hour it hit him like a ton of bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    In Georgia they are giving out $25 Walmart gift cards to people who agree to be vaccinated, but there's nothing like that in my area.

I got my first Moderna dose last night and they wanted me to get my second 3 1/2 weeks later on a Tuesday in the middle of the day. It is supposed to be given 28 to up to 42 days later, not that soon. I came home and spent all evening looking and found a place in New Hampshire and signed up for my second dose there 29 days later on a Saturday. I will have Memorial Day weekend to recover from any side effects. I get paid out for my unused sick days at the end of the year and I don't want to waste them on vaccines.

None of the sites in either Massachusetts or NH let you search by type of vaccine if you are looking for a second dose. That made it extra time consuming.

My arm is sore, last night I felt chilly, and I'm a little draggy, but nothing too bad but I hear the second shot is the bitch. One customer at work said within a half hour it hit him like a ton of bricks.
    Glad you were finally able to get vaccinated.

None of the sites in either Massachusetts or NH let you search by type of vaccine if you are looking for a second dose.
    I used the federal site, and unselected the check boxes for the vaccines I wasn't interested in. https://www.vaccines.gov/search/ Why would Massachusetts replicate what is already out there?

Yppej
    Got my second dose today, though with just one dose I had a higher level of protection than with J&J. I hope everyone else who wanted a vaccine has been able to get one also. Distribution in my state is now switching to child oriented sites like schools and the Museum of Science, but I imagine adults can still get a vaccine if they want one and put in some effort, the state's vaccine website having been shut down now.

So sad that DH still refuses to get vaccinated
    It really puts a crimp on summer plans.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I hear you Jane on the arthritis of the knee, my mom has it, her mom had it before her. Already realizing I can't do exercises that strain the knee excessively like squats, but that's just "hey stupid, don't do squats, your knees aren't built for that". My mom is otherwise she is quite healthy at her age - in her 80s - she's either got many years ahead or will go in near perfect (except for the darn knees) healthy probably.

I'm frustrated by mobility issues (genetic from both parents), but in the big scheme of things, I'm thankful for what does work--which is mostly everything else. The only drug I take is aspirin or an equivalent.

"However, I don't think it is appropriate for government to force people arbitrarily to receive a medical treatment against their will."--that's my opinion on the matter, too.

I have several vaccine providers near me, and it looks like Community Transit can get me there. All I need is to schedule the appropriate appointments.

Jane, several states have vaccine delivery for homebound individuals. Perhaps you would qualify?

Thread Information