Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

I think the birth control risk is straightforward when one factors in that woman (still) die in pregnancy and at higher rate than from birth control. Therefore preventing pregnancy saves lives. Much like covid.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I think there may be many people like myself who would rather wait just a tiny bit longer until FDA approval of Pfizer which should happen soon. .
    It was the first to market. Are you waiting for full approval rather than the current EAU?

I was scheduled to receive J&J shot yesterday but it was cancelled. Managed to get an appointment for Moderna in my town today. The nurse told me that since I had Covid in the past, my reactions may be more severe. Not looking forward to the next few days. Shot didn't hurt at all (and I'm a big baby) and I've been doing ROM movements in the hopes of avoiding a sore arm. Tonight I'll be prepared and have Tylenol, blankets, towels and a bucket nearby just in case. It seems that if there's a reaction, it could hit quickly and hard, and possibly go away just as fast. My Covid case was very mild, and this could be worse.

My Covid shot side effects hit hard about 12 hours after the shot and came on fast.

My side effects came within 12 hours of the shot and lasted about 24 hours. Finally feeling good as of yesterday. Good luck. I hope you don't get any!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    rushed vaccine?
    Hmmmmm, why do you think it was rushed to market? Many many medical marvels have come into use over the last 4 decades with EUA. Some devices never receive full FDA approval and are medical marvels.

Research on mRNA began in the 60s. It is in use in other arenas already. Scientists simply had to apply covid coding to it and it was ready for trial. Advance funding from President Trump made that work immediately begin. 3 clinical trials were performed. Full data on those trials presented.

As for J/J, Adenovirus vaccines are a type of viral vector vaccine. That means they use a modified and harmless virus — in this case an adenovirus — as a delivery system for genetic instructions.

6 blood clots in nearly 7 million vaccines? Far lower percentile than deaths from covid. I think the FDA is exercising extreme caution and will thoroughly study the overall health and backgrounds of these 6 women aged 18-48 before making a decision.

Meanwhile, the USA has enough Pfizer and Moderna for all. I'm betting J/J won't come back on the market for 6-8 weeks and I wouldn't advocate anyone wait for it. Sadly, 60% of our J/J patients scheduled today, refused Moderna so they continue to go unvaccinated

I’m stunned that 60% wanted J&J but refused moderna.

Personally I’m excited by the news that moderna is working on a booster covid shot for the fall that may also be crafted to double as a flu shot. My guess (hope) which is admittedly speculation based on my non-virologist understanding of how mRNA vaccines work is that the flu component will be more broad-based than a traditional flu shot and thus more likely to be effective against whatever flu virus predominates next winter.

I had a feeling it would be announced that annual boosters would be the next step along with a third shot after six months. It is taking all my guts just to get the first Pfizer next week - that's how much I hate shots of any kind. It doesn't help that DH tells me everyday that I am making a mistake. Uggh. DD asked about our vaccine status since we planned to visit in two months.

Almost 30 hours since my first Moderna and the only side effect has been a sore arm. Just the injection site mostly. Fingers crossed that's it until the second shot.

Thread Information