Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Languishing

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I'm tired of feeling like a bloated pig and I'm returning to the gym tomorrow. Fully vaccinated and will go during non-peak hours. Time to get up off my butt. I've been walking and cycling but it's not enough--my muscle tone is like quivering jello and I've gained weight. Enough!
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    I'm tired of feeling like a bloated pig and I'm returning to the gym tomorrow. Fully vaccinated and will go during non-peak hours. Time to get up off my butt. I've been walking and cycling but it's not enough--my muscle tone is like quivering jello and I've gained weight. Enough!
    Oh yea two weeks after the FIRST shot, I went back, i had exceed my capacity to wait (or gain weight, one of the two). Was semi outdoorish :|. Yea I walked, took hikes with elevation gain, and sometimes did ridiculous nonsense like hand weights, lifting my legs etc.. Not the same and other than the walking and hiking utterly miserable exercise to have to do as well, so of course i lost motivation.

Remember the exercise advice from the start of the pandemic: if you have a baby use them as a weight to lift. I mean someone must have got a chuckle out of writing such satire and having it taken straight, in a pandemic no less. Oh and lift canned food. Until you drop the baby and a can of beans on your head.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    I am still languishing. I have vacation time but nowhere nearby to visit freely. Some outdoor places where I could go without a mask are open but the bathrooms are closed. And it has been fairly chilly out as well. Stores in my area still aren't allowing people to try on clothes. Life is blah.

Except for wearing masks many things are back to normal. Our festivals will all be back this summer. June 1 everything can be at full capacity. I am taking Amtrak to California the end of may to visit a friend.

Thread Information