Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Languishing

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    LOL.
    This is, of course, the way all things should be.

In the bulldog world the girls are always in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

I've always thought this part of My Big Fat Greek Wedding was funny.

IRL, to be honest, I think that that whole concept of "happy wife, happy life" is both condescending and patronizing. It makes men feel magnanimous and it makes women look frivolously demanding. In a good marriage that see-saw constantly goes up and down and is gender-neutral. Just MHO.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Cute clip and funny. I always hoped that one adult could talk to another without gender an issue at all. Of course, that only works if both partners are of the same mind.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

On Facebook there is a pair, Haiku and Maddie. Haiku is a formerly feral tabby and she herds Maddie around and invades her bed. Maddie doesn't seem to mind. You can see them at "Haiku The Former Feral & Her BullCat Maddie," if you're so inclined.

Those two, Haiku and friend, are adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Here is a doctor advocating for dumping the mask mandate to facilitate the sort of safe outdoor gatherings IL referenced:

https://patch.com/massachusetts/bost...mask-orders-ma

His complete post is in The New England Journal of Medicine

ETA let's imagine that like everyone except a few sadomasochists you don't like wearing a mask and want to get together with your friends. You could go to the beach and have the mask patrol come by and fine you, or you can meet indoors with the blinds closed so law enforcement cannot see what you are doing. Especially if everyone in your party is vaccinated, given that the chance of a vaccinated person catching covid is .0007%, what would you do for an enjoyable get-together?

You all anti-maskers are getting very boring with your song and dance. I have 35 + years in dentistry. I have had to wear masks for my job and no problems And now I wear them even more.... And guess what... no problems. Quit yer b!tchin' , suck it up and be decent human and do your part. Your type is why this has been drug out longer than it needed to be.

That needed to be said, Bossmare. Thank you. In Ontario, we are having an increasing rate of infection, hospitalization and restrictions and people gathering to protest the very safety practices needed right now.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ions-1.5996028
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    That needed to be said, Bossmare. Thank you. In Ontario, we are having an increasing rate of infection, hospitalization and restrictions and people gathering to protest the very safety practices needed right now.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ions-1.5996028
    I am so sick and tired of hearing whiny-azzed people spouting off all kinds of crap. Its amazing when I ask them when the last CE course they took on infectious disease control or ask them to discuss Long Haulers Syndrome, they have no answer
    As far as languishing, that's a very good description of my husband's and I life.

Three weeks ago, I had to take my heart horse to the Rainbow Bridge She was in my life for 21 years. My mom is a very young 80 and she wanted to be there for support. she drove herself 150 miles one way to be with me. She stood off to the side, all of us where wearing masks and social distancing. I was absolute hot mess of emotions. Since she had not gotten her second vaccine she was not comfortable ( and neither was I ) to hug me. I really needed my mommy to hug me and make it better ( yes I am 60 years old and I just said that) but I didn't want to take the risk. It's people like Y who has made this type of thing ( funerals, weddings, births and yes, putting our pets down ) even harder than ever. My sister had to put her dog down and her vet would not let her be in the room to say goodbye.
    Am I turning into a ranting shrew? Probably, But I don't care

Until it happens to them, they don't care. Like Ted Nugent I just saw on the news that he got it and he was quoted that he thought he was going to die. Maybe contracting Cat Scratch Fever would have been a walk in the park . Maybe he will recover. Maybe he gets Long Haulers Syndrome and no more singing Wang Dang Sweet Poontang. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    I am so sick and tired of hearing whiny-azzed people spouting off all kinds of crap. Its amazing when I ask them when the last CE course they took on infectious disease control or ask them to discuss Long Haulers Syndrome, they have no answer

Am I turning into a ranting shrew? Probably, But I don't care
    Agreed and well stated. I spent 4 decades in the operating room. I am neither brain dead nor forever-damaged for having worn masks the entire dam time to protect my patients.

This shit has got to stop! Anti-vaxers and anti-maskers are going to perpetuate this. We're already far past when it should have stopped!

Only two policies really worked against the pandemic it seems: zero covid (yea, we didn't do that ), or vaccines (whee, we've got vaccines!). Otherwise there is going to be an epidemic, but sure not wearing a mask will help even more get infected before they can get vaccines (and whee we hoarded the global supply of vaccines! ).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information