Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye dialation

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    There would be a lot less foot odor, athlete's foot, etc. Feet sweat more than any other part of the body, and if dirt or grass could absorb that sweat it would be a good thing. I go barefoot as much as possible, and sometimes even run outside barefoot to grab something from the car etc even if there's snow on the ground. Finally something we agree on!
    Personally Iím going to keep wearing shoes. The benefits seem to outweigh the negatives. I suppose when the negatives of an action are more likely to affect someone else people might make a different decision. Personally I have enough empathy that that is not the case for me. YMMV.

My eye doctor told me he has seen 10 times more eye problems, such as dry eye and styes, since people starting wearing masks. I have also heard dental problems are way up since bacteria gets trapped in the mouth and can't be exhaled normally. People were not created/did not evolve depending on your POV to wear masks. They are unnatural and disgusting.
    Thats a load of horse pucky. I have over 35+ years as a dental assistant and have never seen of any of that. What we are seeing is more problems with bruxism due to stress of dealing with the pandemic and life disruption. But it's not due to masking. If you are going to be on an anti-mask crusade, at least get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    Thats a load of horse pucky. I have over 35+ years as a dental assistant and have never seen of any of that. What we are seeing is more problems with bruxism due to stress of dealing with the pandemic and life disruption. But it's not due to masking. If you are going to be on an anti-mask crusade, at least get your facts straight.
    35 years of experience - not relevant to a virus around for less than 2 years

"Life disruption" ... "not due to masking".

Masking is a disruption, and maybe wearing masks for extended periods interferes with oxygen reaching areas of the brain involved in logical thinking.

35 years of experience - not relevant to a virus around for less than 2 years

"Life disruption" ... "not due to masking".

Masking is a disruption, and maybe wearing masks for extended periods interferes with oxygen reaching areas of the brain involved in logical thinking.
    Again. if you wish to be successful in your crusade, and want to be credible, then get your facts straight.
    You stated that you "heard" that dental problems are way up due to bacteria gets trapped in your mouth and can't be exhaled normally. If you took the time and effort to look into this, someone who practices normal oral hygiene is not affected. So, brushing your teeth correctly, flossing, having good eating habits, drinking plenty of water and keeping hydrated and seeing your dentist and hygienist on a scheduled basis.... Just like any other time of our lives before Covid

And BTW if masking wearing caused tooth decay and with my years in the dental field ... If that was the case, I would be edentulous by now... So it's very relevant

Endentulous. Iím so excited. I learned a new word today!

And I suppose it could apply to horses as well. Although I imagine they would have a tough time eating enough in that case.

And BTW if masking wearing caused tooth decay and with my years in the dental field ... If that was the case, I would be edentulous by now... So it's very relevant
    You have said you only work part-time, so unless you wear a mask during all your free time it is not the same thing as others are dealing with.

If should have been capitalized and your last sentence should end with a period.

You have said you only work part-time, so unless you wear a mask during all your free time it is not the same thing as others are dealing with.

If should have been capitalized and your last sentence should end with a period.
    Since you like to pick nits, I was working full time until the fall of 2018 . I still have all of my teeth. All 32 of them, since I have fully erupted and functioning 3rd molars (wisdom teeth)

The Fun Horse Fact Of The Day : When a horse that is registered with the AQHA (American Quarter Horse Assocation) and it's lived past 25, (birthdate January 1st) it's papers will be marked as deceased . If the horse is in fact still alive, the owner must provide the AQHA four color photos ( left side, right side, front and rear) and a signed statement from the current owner on record. This must be updated yearly. The ApHC (Appaloosa Horse Club) has the same rule, except that their age is 30

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Endentulous. I’m so excited. I learned a new word today!

And I suppose it could apply to horses as well. Although I imagine they would have a tough time eating enough in that case.
    Horse can lose their teeth and also be without teeth. But with todays science, there are several feeds on the market that horses can get full nutrition from without having to have teeth. A pelleted feed made just for older/special needs horses.

Since you like to pick nits, I was working full time until the fall of 2018 . I still have all of my teeth. All 32 of them, since I have fully erupted and functioning 3rd molars (wisdom teeth)

The Fun Horse Fact Of The Day : When a horse that is registered with the AQHA (American Quarter Horse Assocation) and it's lived past 25, (birthdate January 1st) it's papers will be marked as deceased . If the horse is in fact still alive, the owner must provide the AQHA four color photos ( left side, right side, front and rear) and a signed statement from the current owner on record. This must be updated yearly. The ApHC (Appaloosa Horse Club) has the same rule, except that their age is 30
    This should read "its papers" not "it's papers". There is an extra space after deceased.

Just because dilation is misspelled in the title of this thread doesn't mean you should follow suit.

Horse can lose their teeth and also be without teeth. But with todays science, there are several feeds on the market that horses can get full nutrition from without having to have teeth. A pelleted feed made just for older/special needs horses.
    There should be an apostrophe in today's. The last sentence is a fragment.

Thread Information