Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Oscars Bomb Again

We are huge American Ninja Warrior fans at this house. We love the back stories and the thrill of their win! New season starts May 31st I believe.

Swamp People!

I watched a bit of the Oscars but it was incredibly boring. I mainly watch to see what films I might have missed so now I will have to see The Father and News of the World. Nomadland was good. It made me even more aware of all the old RVs and vans one sees parked in lonely spots with occupants just trying to find some peace I imagine.

I don't think I've ever watched the Oscars in my life. I was surprised that we had actually seen one of the films, My Octopus Teacher. We liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I don't think I've ever watched the Oscars in my life. I was surprised that we had actually seen one of the films, My Octopus Teacher. We liked it.
    That was a beautiful and touching film. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That was a beautiful and touching film. I loved it.
    Wow. I never even heard of it. But I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes, and it's right up my alley. I always have to watch action, thriller or horror movies when DH picks, which is all the time, but maybe I'll commandeer the TV for a couple of nights for both Nomadland and My Octopus Teacher.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Beyond a movie theater - which I haven't been to since The Second Best Marigold Hotel", I don't really have access to any of these movies until they reach the "free" networks and apps.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow. I never even heard of it. But I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes, and it's right up my alley. I always have to watch action, thriller or horror movies when DH picks, which is all the time, but maybe I'll commandeer the TV for a couple of nights for both Nomadland and My Octopus Teacher.
    Wow--an Oscar nominated film I've seen!
    I saw a picture of the set. I hope it looked better in person--good grief.
    I usually enjoy pictures of the fashion involved.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Going to a film house is a dead activity for me. Covid.

And I was one of the last holdouts, a person who enjoyed the big dark movie theatre.

My attention span is pretty much limited to 23 and 44 minute segments any more due to watching tv shows.

I heard Ricky Gervais had some cutting things to say about the Oscar production and I look forward to hearing them.
    I miss watching movie house films. 95 percent of what is shown in the ONE theater multiplex in my town and area are block busters and inane comedies.

Thread Information