Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evolution of the Doubling of Life Expectancy

as opposed to organizations like the catholic church that want people breeding in great quantity to expand their numbers, the women (of all worthless things) that have to do all this endless breeding are of no matter to them, just means toward their ends.
    Trees don't grow on money

Alan, why do I remember you resolving to avoid any such discussions in the future?

No they didn't, they just refused to violate their personal beliefs, their patients were free to get their birth control devices elsewhere. Perhaps even from a much loved and admired organization created to keep undesireables from breeding.
    Would it discriminating to ask the belief system of all doctors in a clinic before seeing them amid all the restrictions that your health insurance plans create? How would one approach doing this? Which beliefs that they hold would need to be examined and made public? An MD did not 'believe' that the problem was real so refused to refer her. With the shortage of MD's she couldn't find another MD.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...gnew-1.5951289

much loved and admired organization created to keep undesireables from breeding
    That was true origins. https://nypost.com/2020/07/22/planne...orrific-bigot/

This is the public correction to deal with the eugenics in the past that Alan refers to.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...der-margaret-/

Just as history has been reviewed and dealt with in other issues, Planned Parenthood is providing important care at home and around the world situations which have limited options for any care for the women and their families.

Now to move on and acknowledge the care and support that is provided today. https://www.plannedparenthood.org/get-care/our-services
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Perhaps even from a much loved and admired organization created to keep undesireables from breeding.
    Undesirables? Like, *any* women who feels it is not in anyone's best interest to conceive? I was just about to agree with the first part of your post. But that second part...

(I really don't want to go around the block again on this topic, but here it is.)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Undesirables? Like, *any* women who feels it is not in anyone's best interest to conceive?
    You'd have to ask them, I was just quoting their founders words.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Alan, why do I remember you resolving to avoid any such discussions in the future?
    Because it usually seems to irritate people and, as ANM has implied, having a penis makes me stupid.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I’m curious. The doctors that refuse(d) to do their job, did/do they not charge the women for their non-service?

You'd have to ask them, I was just quoting their founders words.
    Come on, Alan, the world has moved on. Planned Parenthood is in a different place today providing valuable services.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Come on, Alan, the world has moved on.
    Really? I wonder why we're still complaining about Catholic doctor's practicing their faith 40 or 50 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    as opposed to organizations like the catholic church that want people breeding in great quantity to expand their numbers, the women (of all worthless things) that have to do all this endless breeding are of no matter to them, just means toward their ends.
    (I feel like I'm mud wrestling now... it's hard being a modern, independent woman AND apologist for the Catholic Church.)

ANM, as riddled with impracticalities and biases as their thinking may be, what I agree with in the Catholic Church's teaching is a fundamental respect for the sanctity of life. I truly don't believe that at its core the Catholic Church prohibits contraception because they want to fill their pews. I truly don't. Call me naive, but there's a piece of me that knows where they're coming from.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Really? I wonder why we're still complaining about Catholic doctor's practicing their faith 40 or 50 years ago?
    OK, I stand to be corrected. I had understood that Catholic MD's today can still refuse contraceptives? Is this not true that pharmacists today can still refuse to fill a prescription for contraceptives?
    Is this not why Planned Parenthood is so important because it allows patients of all belief systems to have different beliefs than the Catholic MD and pharmacist?
    Please, anyone correct me on this if my understanding it wrong.
    For the record I had both a father and husband who believed that I could do and be whatever I wanted so, IMHO, generalized male-bashing is wrong.

Thread Information