Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Evolution of the Doubling of Life Expectancy

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    So bring in immigrants to crush labor if it gets too uppity.
    No. I would hope that we wouldn't get too uppity. But there should/can be plenty of labor to go around if white Americans or brown Mexicans or brown Indians want it. The thing is, the immigrants are grateful to get the job, whereas too often the whites are ashamed. And yes, everyone should get a living wage. This has nothing to do with the politics of exploitation. It has everything to do with a freshening up of attitude and culture.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It’s proven that as women become more educated, the birth rate drops.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    No. I would hope that we wouldn't get too uppity. But there should/can be plenty of labor to go around if white Americans or brown Mexicans or brown Indians want it. The thing is, the immigrants are grateful to get the job, whereas too often the whites are ashamed. And yes, everyone should get a living wage. This has nothing to do with the politics of exploitation. It has everything to do with a freshening up of attitude and culture.
    I like that view, “freshening up” attitude and culture. Infusion of newness keeps things from getting stagnant, in general.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-29-21 at 1:17pm.

My mom used a diaphragm. She had to take the train to Chicago to get it at Planned parenthood. The catholic doctors in Kenosha refused to prescribe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Reminds me of the movie Educating Rita.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Yes, Project Drawdown targets education of women as one of the most impactful things that can be done to reduce carbon emissions.

Terry, as for your mom, I'm glad she was able to get the diaphragm, but given the Catholic Church's dogma these issues, I would never think to go to a Catholic health service to provide me with a contraceptive. It would be in direct opposition to their teachings. I do not agree with those teachings necessarily, but I respect their right to say "no" to people seeking contraceptive devices.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, Project Drawdown targets education of women as one of the most impactful things that can be done to reduce carbon emissions.

Terry, as for your mom, I'm glad she was able to get the diaphragm, but given the Catholic Church's dogma these issues, I would never think to go to a Catholic health service to provide me with a contraceptive. It would be in direct opposition to their teachings. I do not agree with those teachings necessarily, but I respect their right to say "no" to people seeking contraceptive devices.
    Here in my city they enacted a city law a couple years ago about “reproductive discrimination.” God only knows if that allows any Catholic practitioners to act according to their conscious or within their church teachings.

At the time of its enactment the local Catholic Church had concern about being able to hire employees in its various organizations that were sympatico with their teachings.

This is one of the ridiculous outcomes of wokeness happening in my ridiculous city.

This post today caused me to check up on this law, and not surprisingly, it was struck down by higher court and greatly limited.

I wonder how the Catholic Church finds enough people to staff their facilities when large majorities of sexually active catholic women ignore church teaching on the topic of birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wonder how the Catholic Church finds enough people to staff their facilities when large majorities of sexually active catholic women ignore church teaching on the topic of birth control.
    good things guys don't, if they had known a woman was using a form of birth control, they never would have had sex with her! How could they know they were party to such immorality? No, no they would have declined outright, if not for such deceptive women and their "no, no, trust me, I'm not using any form of birth control"
    Trees don't grow on money

Catherine, the doctors in private practice were catholic and after a few scolding she stopped trying to find one. It wasn’t a catholic facility. She thought she could be fitted for one at her 6 week check up after having her first baby. They imposed their personal views on their patients.

Thread Information