Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Word for not-spouse?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've chanted that in a few peaceful demonstrations myself. And I meant it.
    Apples and grenades.
    I lack the moral agility to see much distance between burning a police station in Minneapolis and mobbing the Capital in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I lack the moral agility to see much distance between burning a police station in Minneapolis and mobbing the Capital in DC.
    I do... Jan 6th was to try and overthrow a duly elected President!

They didn't "mob" the capitol--they violently invaded it with the intent to lynch the ex-VP and do mayhem to others, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Trying to set fire to a police station is certainly a crime, but not remotely comparable to attempting to overthrow a duly elected government.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Trying to set fire to a police station is certainly a crime, but not remotely comparable to attempting to overthrow a duly elected government.
    Not to be argumentative but didn't the Democratic Party and the majority of our major media outlets spend 4 years attempting the same?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    I nominate 'ooey gooey" for immediate oblivion.
    I feel very fortunate, indeed, that that particular expression has not crossed my auditory apparatus yet. May it never be heard...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Not to be argumentative but didn't the Democratic Party and the majority of our major media outlets spend 4 years attempting the same?
    If, by "overthrow" you mean employing Constitutionally guaranteed rights, like impeachment and voting? Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    If, by "overthrow" you mean employing Constitutionally guaranteed rights, like impeachment and voting? Thanks for the laugh.
    No, I simply meant a previous mass attempt to "overthrow a duly elected government". I don't think we should use phrases like that unless we use it in every instance it applies, plus for all we know the previous attempts may have instigated the second so I'd rather focus on lessons learned.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Hanging Pence is much worse than setting a police station on fire. That’s obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Hanging Pence is much worse than setting a police station on fire. That’s obvious.
    The psychology of mob mentality is interesting, yet totally destructive. When it results in violence and destruction I think we do a disservice to grade them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No. They attempted to hold him accountable for his actions once he became president. I realize that he didn’t lie about a blowjob but contrary to republican opinion other things also qualify as high crimes and misdemeanors. At least in rational people’s eyes.

Thread Information