Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects between now and Summer Solstice

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    My project is more emotional than tangible...laying plans to form a woman's creativity support group -- excited!
    Would you be willing to share how you approach this - friends or strangers at the start?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Razz, I also had a list this time with the most important being in a secure building not on the first floor. I got everything I wanted being on the 3rd floor facing the courtyard and away from the pool. As a bonus I am at the end so no one looks at my balcony. What I had to sack was laundry. There’s a small laundry room but I have a elevator and a cart so no big deal. Some secure buildings downtown have laundry in the unit but there I could only afford a one bedroom. Plus people have been complaining about the noise from partying and are trying to get something done unsuccessfully. Some secure buildings have no private outdoor space and that was a deal breaker.

Yppej
    I got an appointment with a new dentist but not until August, so it won't be by solstice. I had heard there is a backlog now that everyone is trying to go as covid has died down - I guess it is true.

Daughter's college graduation May 15 and reception on the 16th. Close on the sale of our house and purchase of a new one on May 24; move May 25. Study for 3rd certification exam scheduled for June 21.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Daughter's college graduation May 15 and reception on the 16th. Close on the sale of our house and purchase of a new one on May 24; move May 25. Study for 3rd certification exam scheduled for June 21.
    Wow, lots going on! I think you need to bring us up to speed on the new house purchase!

Becky, tell us about the new house.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Would you be willing to share how you approach this - friends or strangers at the start?
    My first step (so far) will be to meet for tea/coffee with a friend who's a talented photographer and ask her if she'd be interested and ask her about others who might like to participate...she's better connected socially with creatives than I as I tend to be a somewhat retiring writer type--wanting to get out of my Covid isolation.

There are a couple of other creatives I'm thinking about inviting...feeling my way. Hoping for a congenial mix of kindred spirits..wanting to give--and get support.

A few years back, when I lived in the SF Bay area, I formed a women's salon called Camp Run-amuck and we had a lot of fun and far-ranging discussions! Now I live 3000 miles on the other coast and miss that support...

Your ideas & thoughts are most welcome...
    peaceful, easy feeling

I have thought about starting a discussion group using the Conversation Cafe model. I had a monthly coffee group until covid but found it was mostly a simple easy chat group of women about 3-5. While I enjoyed seeing them I was hoping for more indepth discussion so curious about how to approach doing so.
    http://www.conversationcafe.org/
    http://www.conversationcafe.org/the-...osting-manual/
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I called the Dental Board and was told they cannot give me any update. After the Board hears the matter I will get a letter in the mail. I asked the time frame and they said they are currently working on cases from 2019. So this is the second thing I'm attempting from my list that won't be resolved by summer solstice.

yppej, You are making all the steps that you can control, so that's success.

Thread Information