Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May Frugals

Yppej

May Frugals

My leather wallet had the color rubbing off on the corners. I have nail polish the same color I used to touch it up.

Also got a quart of paint to touch up some spots in the house as the old paint was thick and gloppy after years. I do not want the expense and effort of repainting to a white or light gray which you see all over HGTV. Wouldn't you know a similar color to the one I have (mine is adobe straw) was featured in the paint section as a trending color. I felt vindicated in my taste.

Planted garden boxes today from seeds that I was gifted. Soil cost - but hoping that the harvest will out-weigh the cost of the soil. Fun in planting with kids - priceless!!!
    Last edited by happystuff; 5-16-21 at 4:16pm.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I found an old stash of bricks buried in the yard, and have been digging them up, and I made a brick pad for under my chimaya and burn barrel. I am now using them to demarcate flower beds.

Yppej
    I ordered home heating oil. While I have enough to get me to summer I expect prices will go up in the fall.

I had booked a weekend in Portland for 4/23 - 4/25, and the cost was really high. The day before our departure, I did some online checking around. If I changed our weekend stay to a midweek stay in May when DH has a week off from work, the cost went WAY down. So I changed the dates, and the amount saved was enough that we were also able to do the weekend in North Adams with the cost for both being less than just the originally-planned weekend in Portland. It was still an indulgence, but at least we get a lot more indulgence for our money!

Are you coming to our Portland or the other Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I had booked a weekend in Portland for 4/23 - 4/25, and the cost was really high. The day before our departure, I did some online checking around. If I changed our weekend stay to a midweek stay in May when DH has a week off from work, the cost went WAY down. So I changed the dates, and the amount saved was enough that we were also able to do the weekend in North Adams with the cost for both being less than just the originally-planned weekend in Portland. It was still an indulgence, but at least we get a lot more indulgence for our money!

Smart move and pleased that you could change.

I had a couple of days away planned April 27-29 but with the restrictions still in force simply cancelled it until life is freer. I took off for the day and with a friend went exploring driving around my community seeing so much new construction, dining on takeout and seeing the trilliums and trout lilies in bloom. I am gong to do this again this week in a different direction.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I thought your husband quit working?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I found an old stash of bricks buried in the yard, and have been digging them up, and I made a brick pad for under my chimaya and burn barrel. I am now using them to demarcate flower beds.
    Quite the score!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I know! I think it was the blacksmith forge too because I keep finding horseshoes. These are really old handmade bricks, no two alike, and the ground is pure clay over there.

Thread Information