Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May Frugals

That’s great tybee!

Tybee: Our Portland. You mean there is another one? lol.
    Razz: I actually have some amazing memories of local adventures DH & I took last year close to home. Those can be the best!
    Jeppy: DH's manager talked him into staying, at least for now. I have mixed feelings about it. It is certainly nice to have the paycheck coming in, but I did love the feeling of freedom last year when he wasn't working.

Yppej
    The new oil company I called charged 11 cents per gallon less than the company I used for years. Both post their daily price online so I can tell.

Yppej
    I am using stashes of things I bought when I was afraid of supply chain disruptions - things like toilet paper and shampoo. Still prices have increased so much I am still spending about the same amount at the grocery store as I used to. I feel like prices will stay high forever, long after covid is dormant. The middle class just can't get ahead, while Biden expands programs for the poor and after Trump looked out for the rich, who under the new administration will only lose a portion of their tax cuts.

I went to a couple of thrift stores today with my sister and they weren't allowing you to try on clothes. I bought two shirts anyway because prices were quite low and these shops actually serve good charitable causes, so even if I had to re-donate the shirts it wouldn't be too terrible. It turns out they were both keepers so SCORE! I also got a jigsaw puzzle and a tiny brass sundial for the garden and I spent the princely sum of $13. and got to spend the day with Sis. I call that $13 well spent!

Yppej
    We turned the heat off for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I went to a couple of thrift stores today with my sister and they weren't allowing you to try on clothes. I bought two shirts anyway because prices were quite low and these shops actually serve good charitable causes, so even if I had to re-donate the shirts it wouldn't be too terrible. It turns out they were both keepers so SCORE! I also got a jigsaw puzzle and a tiny brass sundial for the garden and I spent the princely sum of $13. and got to spend the day with Sis. I call that $13 well spent!
    I love days like that! Glad you got to hang with your sister.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I haven't purchased any food since 4/29. I won't need any this week either except coffee beans for me and yogurt for hubster's preferred breakfast.

I pick up my farmer eggs Wednesday and CSA on Thursday. During CSA season we need only dairy products, coffee and proteins.

Yppej
    With the pent up demand travel prices are high, so I put in for my week's vacation in September. With kids back on school things should be less crowded and hopefully more affordable then. My one concern is the government shuts things down again between now and then, but I am gambling on open.

We moved a lot of lilac bushes to make a hedge for the front yard, as it is very exposed. They are tiny, like a foot tall, but will do fine so long as we keep them watered.

Thread Information