Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many homes?

My town is pretty close to Boston, so it never occurred to me to go away to college, plus there was that cute boy who lived the next street over, so I commuted to college while living in my parents' house.
    I have at least two neighbors (not quite sure about a third) who are living in the houses where they grew up. I'm fairly certain neither served in the military or attended college, so I believe they have lived their entire lives in the same homes.

The house I was born in, until we moved, around age 7.
    The house we moved to, until at age 22, I was asked to move into my grandmothers, after she passed and a neighbor tried to break in.
    That house, which became mine, until I was asked to move into this one, to care for the cat, and sort/find stuff after my friend/boss died.
    So four.

This is fascinating. Born and raised until 19 suburban brick colonial. College- one dorm and one apartment and the rented room while Student Teaching, an apartment with my first job in small city, house in rural area when married- 1973...so 6 different moves. Not bad at 72. I and husband plan to stay here until we cannot.

Between 17-20. Not sure as I think I am missing some from my count. States include east coast to west coast with a couple in between.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

A home when I lived with parents
    A dorm briefly - HATED IT
    4 apartments as an adult, never wanted to live with roommates again, never did
    Trees don't grow on money

I've had 18 different addresses in my life. I hope to move at least once more.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

4 before I graduated HS (2 countries and 2 states), college dorm, and in our forever home, the 5th with hubster. So total is 10! The last 6 are in the same city.

Yppej
    When I first saw this thread I thought it was about people like Iris Lilies who have more than one home at the same time.

15 all told... I used to love to move every couple of years to catch a taste of all the very different neighborhoods in the Portland area.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    15 all told... I used to love to move every couple of years to catch a taste of all the very different neighborhoods in the Portland area.
    I've been down in San Diego this week, staying in my sister's house just for a change of pace. I brought a sweatshirt I bought at Powell's Books back in the 90's. Two nights in a row the servers where I went to dinner were like "Portland! Such a cool city! Are you from there???"

Thread Information