Thread: World Migratory Bird Day 5/8/2021

World Migratory Bird Day 5/8/2021

Happy WMBD2021!

In my backyard yesterday afternoon I saw a yellow-headed blackbird, in the grass about 25 feet from me. Vivid yellow and black male, having a rest stop on his flight to the marshlands of Manitoba, Canada.

For a global map of WMBD2021 events, see link below.

http://www.worldmigratorybirdday.org/events-map
    Last edited by dado potato; 5-8-21 at 2:47pm.

Thanks Dado, How cool to see that bird!

The orioles returned to our neighborhood two days ago, and it was so good to see them!

We have had several more blue birds in our backyard lately! Been so nice to see.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I am not a bird person, but I saw a bright Songbird yesterday and looked it up and it is a Baltimore oriole. Do you bird people that’s probably pretty common, but it’s not when we see much. What a pretty little bird!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am not a bird person, but I saw a bright Songbird yesterday and looked it up and it is a Baltimore oriole. Do you bird people that’s probably pretty common, but it’s not when we see much. What a pretty little bird!
    Not that common since they are migratory. I always note it on my calendar when they return, and I run outside with oranges and nectar and jelly to try to entice them to stick around in my neighborhood.
    We also have a pair of red-breasted nuthatches that come here for the winter, and then go back to Canada for the summer. Our pair seems like they might be sticking around so I am very excited about that. I tell I love them and that I will miss them if they go back to Canada, so maybe that helped encourage them to stay, lol.
    We had 3 interesting warblers the other day that I could not identify, but we didn't see them again so I guess they were just passing through.

Thread Information