Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May Purge

Yppej

May Purge

I am moving some comfortable but ugly clothes (think fluorescent yellow T shirt I got free at work) to yard work/painting clothes and getting rid of some of the most wretched dirty work clothes.

I threw away a couple of old towels with holes in them.

Our current dog is very neat and tidy and never makes messes. But when I have other dogs around or am doing major house cleaning I have a shortage of towels, so I do hang onto them and have a pile in our basement.

Put 2 gas cans out by the mailbox on the street this morning. hoping they'll be gone by the time I get home. Sold a hall tree to a friend on Saturday - selling a large, heaving square coffee table to another friend this evening. Sold a pair of my husband's too-small shorts on Poshmark and dropped them in the mail today.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Got rid of an outgrown booster seat (placed at the curb, someone picked it up) and an inversion table the hubs used before his back surgery. Got $75 for that!
    Also two packages of ponytail holders from my bathroom drawer to my daughter's.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

This winter, I grew way more seedlings and plants than I have a place for so I will donate the excess to our local garden club for the plant sale next weekend. Then, I can toss/recycle all the related materials cluttering up the sunroom - egg cartons, yogurt containers, milk jugs etc that I used to grow them all. I also am doing the seasonal clothes switch and will get rid of some of my very tired sweats and sweaters that I lived in this past year.

Yppej
    A dish towel that's gotten so thin over the years I don't think it can absorb any moisture at all.

Sold another pair of shorts and dropped off some men's boots, a decorative tall vase and a flag to the thrift store earlier this week.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Got rid of another bin of stuff that doesn’t fit. I am also going to sell my Roomba vacuum and the robot mop as it would take about the same amount of time for me to pick up stuff so I can run it as to do it myself.

I took two shirts back to Target.

I tossed 2 plastic dryer balls that are supposed to be a replacement for dryer sheets. I only used them twice but they were so hard and loud banging around in the dryer that the sound of it actually made me nervous. Plus they didn't work that well, clothes still had some static after coming out. I just got them from the Dollar Tree, so I'm not surprised they were junk. But I thought I'd give them a try.

I put a long sleeved shirt that is too big into a bag to donate, along with a brand new DVD in the wrapper.

Thread Information