Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old manager contacted new company owners

Old manager contacted new company owners

You may remember be talking about the VERY toxic manager I had at the 13 year job where I was laid off from last March.

Company owners at new job advised me today that this former manager of mine contacted them and attempted to throw me under the bus. Told them I was a crappy employee, etc. They told her to go pound sand.

She no longer works for that company. She quit last fall just after the company unearthed a ton of stuff she had done wrong. I found her LinkedIn profile and messaged her. Told her if she attempted to do anything like that again, I would take legal action. She apparently found out where I now work due to LinkedIn.

The nerve of her!

Yppej
    I don't know how she thinks this makes her look good, or will help her to get another job. Pathetic!

She has another job. She works where the supervisor went about two months after I was laid off. I’ve not had any contact with the old manager since I was laid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Yold her if she attempted to do anything like that again, I would take legal action. She apparently found out where I now work due to LinkedIn. The nerve of her!
    Personally, I would go to the courthouse and file. (No lawyer, just file. Nothing further has to happen that will cost a small fortune. Send message loud and clear!

That’s horrible!

Yppej
    Since she is employed, I would reciprocate. Don't criticize her past performance, but contact her employer. Most companies have a policy that only HR can provide references because they are afraid of lawsuits. Let her HR Department know that she is slandering you and as her current employer you will hold them liable as well as her personally. That should put a stop to this.

Nuke her from orbit.

This is unusual behavior.

what triggered this, do you think? Have you had conversations about her that got back to her? What was the nature of her call to your current company?

I don’t know how much this is in the context of you all being in the same industry in the same town and talking about each other. Is there an element of this?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This is unusual behavior.

what triggered this, do you think? Have you had conversations about her that got back to her? What was the nature of her call to your current company?

I don’t know how much this is in the context of you all being in the same industry in the same town and talking about each other. Is there an element of this?
    I don’t know what her problem is. She was always very, very vindictive. Took credit for everyone else’s work. When I was gone as well as the supervisor two months later (supervisor quit), she suddenly had to actually work and other people told me (they contacted me) that she was utterly worthless and didn’t know anything.

She called my current company and tried to tell them I was a bad employee. Owners told her to go pound sand as I had not given them any reason to doubt me and they were very pleased with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Personally, I would go to the courthouse and file. (No lawyer, just file. Nothing further has to happen that will cost a small fortune. Send message loud and clear!
    Not sure how this courthouse filing works but you need a record as there may be more than you involved, similar history with other former employees and employers. People don't suddenly start behaving this way.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information