Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me understand cryptocurrency please

IL, thank you for helping me understand that I am not alone in lack of knowledge on this; Bae, for an excellent visual self-explanation; Idahl for the droll cynical view and TT for her report of success.
    I now know for sure that I don't know and won't be finding out either. Anytime, I hear "trust me on this", I am outta there.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

There are numerous historical precedents. At least when this one was over, you still had some flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    There are numerous historical precedents. At least when this one was over, you still had some flowers.
    There is an academic study that refutes Tulipomania as anything other than a brief bit of entertainment for Dutchmen during a long winter or two as they gathered in bars to socialize.

I made an educational display on Tulipomania for a garden club flower show, and I took the view of our popular culture, that speculation on tulip bulbs was influential and rife in the society of 1637 even tho it likely was not.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-13-21 at 8:29am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is that a real thing? I have no idea.
    “Real” may be a subjective term in this area, but from what I understand NFTs are digitized tokens denoting ownership of virtual property, such as the original copy of a work of digital art or real estate in certain video games. Some have sold for surprisingly real amounts of money.

I see Tesla will not be accepting bitcoin in payment for their cars, citing environmental concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see Tesla will not be accepting bitcoin in payment for their cars, citing environmental concerns.
    Am I the only one thinking that there is more to this story with Tesla and bitcoin?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that there is more to this story with Tesla and bitcoin?
    I think if a tweet from one guy can drive a significant price change, it’s prudent to treat something like a penny stock or collectible rather than an important currency.

Thread Information