Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So we just adopted this little guy

So we just adopted this little guy

This is the newest addition to our family; he just arrived last night! The rescuers called him Yeti because he is so big boned, and we are re-naming him Raymond. We actually think he is very small, because we obviously overfeed our cats and cannot for the life of us perceive a ten-pounder as big. (We're going to do our best not to overfeed this guy).
    He's only about 1-year-old, and I figure it's been about 25 years since we had anyone this young in the family. He seems really sweet and friendly. We currently have him separated from Ogden, but Oggie knows he is here and doesn't seem too bothered by it, so I'm hoping for a fairly smooth integration. He must be tested for intestinal parasites before we can put them together, so it's going to be several more days. He gets lonely when nobody is with him, and it breaks my heart when I hear him crying.
    It is interesting to read how the demand for animals to adopt has skyrocketed during Covid. I read that one rescue used to get 10-15 requests a week and now gets 50 per hour - that's just crazy! I hope everyone still wants their pets after things return to normal.
    I had a phone interview and a Zoom interview, and I felt like I had won the lottery when I was approved. I think he's going to be a really good cat!

Yeti.jpg

Congratulations on the Raymond, the new member of your family! (I love animals with people names--it's so cute! My mother was once married to a man named Spike and she had a dog named Andy. It confused a lot of her friends!)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Oh sure he's "big boned" is he? jk
    Trees don't grow on money

Squeeeeeeeee! So adorable - glad he went to a loving home.

Well, he looks very content there in the pic! Is he one of those kitties with the extra toes? I had one of those once; he had six toes on each foot. He looked a lot like Raymond.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

What a handsome boy! Congratulations to all of you!

And for those needing a kitten fix, may I submit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsxfz_SYSwU

He is very cute! So cute!

Here it is the opposite, the shelters are full and they’re not taking any more. I guess the Covid bump is over. It’s actually what I feared during Covid but it was just the opposite —people stayed home and wanted pets. Now they’re starting to leave and they’re dumping their animals.

Yppej
    I'm thinking Everybody Loves Raymond.

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I hope you have a Purrfectly fantastic first week with your new purr monster

Thanks everyone!
    He doesn't seem to have extra toes, although his paws are quite big.
    We have always given our cats people-like first names. It just feels right for some reason. Now a husband named Spike, that is unusual!

Thread Information