Thread: Thank You Fellow Forum Member

Yppej

Thank You Fellow Forum Member

I'll start this out. Despite living in New England for 50 years I had never heard of the New England Horticulture Society's Gardens at Elm Banks until Iris Lilies posted about them a couple years ago. Last year it was members only advance tickets only due to covid but today DB and I were able to go and pay at the gate. Thank you IL!

What other member are you grateful for?

I have so many! I will start with Hoosier Nan, who wrote about applying for a university job and then turning it down, and she made me aware of the university, and I got a job there, and so did my husband. If she had not written about it, I would not have known about it, and not have had the job.

Most everyone here, especially in the past year... the front line workers who are selflessly helping others and giving accurate and up-to-date information about COVID, the vaccines and everything! Folks like Tammy, who have shared their personal information about health fights they have had to endure, and all the others here who continue to reach out and help others on a daily basis (I won't list because I know I would forget someone!), and those who have shared such personal challenges, like TT, and still maintain such positive and unselfish attitudes. I also miss those who no longer post - for whatever reason - but have left behind such wonderful contributions.

I am also truly thankful to those who help keep this forum going despite the obvious challenges.

I offer up my heartfelt thanks and gratitude.

PS. I still miss Cougar Annie! LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I still remember Apathetic No More asking the philosophical question: why must spaghetti sauce have sugar in it? She’s right it need not have sugar or need have only a tiny bit. Tomato paste in a can doesn’t have any sugar. Starting around that time I started looking for canned spaghetti sauce with far less sugar and yes they do exist you just have to look for them. You have to avoid the high calorie Ragu etc.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Most everyone here, especially in the past year... the front line workers who are selflessly helping others and giving accurate and up-to-date information about COVID, the vaccines and everything! Folks like Tammy, who have shared their personal information about health fights they have had to endure, and all the others here who continue to reach out and help others on a daily basis (I won't list because I know I would forget someone!), and those who have shared such personal challenges, like TT, and still maintain such positive and unselfish attitudes. I also miss those who no longer post - for whatever reason - but have left behind such wonderful contributions.

I am also truly thankful to those who help keep this forum going despite the obvious challenges.

I offer up my heartfelt thanks and gratitude.
    Well said, Happystuff!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

As Tybee said, too many to list, for different reasons. Steve for down-to-earth advice, Alan for tech and keeping this going. Right now Chicken Lady because her recommendation of Tru-Earth laundry sheets has been a game-changer for me. Many of you have recommended books that were meaningful or informative.

And of course, Jane for yuks.

ETA: Also...this forum has been a constant, even though people move in and out, and the forum itself has moved, many of you main characters have been a part of my circle for years now. It's nice to be able to check in and see you all.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Jepppy I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Elm Bank gardens. I like gardens laid out in Victorian times so I like that one even though it was certainly in need of renovations and repairs. I like the trial gardens of all those ornamentals. The daylily collection is old and uninteresting; someone needs to leave them some money to refurbish daylilies.

I love this forum and the people that share their lives with me. Everyone has been very supportive during this tough time. Hugs to all).

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jepppy I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Elm Bank gardens. I like gardens laid out in Victorian times so I like that one even though it was certainly in need of renovations and repairs. I like the trial gardens of all those ornamentals. The daylily collection is old and uninteresting; someone needs to leave them some money to refurbish daylilies.
    None of the lilies were bloomimg but irises were. My brother was telling me they have had financial problems which could be why some areas were weedy and not kept up. I enjoyed it and especially if they open the mansion up for tours in the future I would go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    None of the lilies were bloomimg but irises were. My brother was telling me they have had financial problems which could be why some areas were weedy and not kept up. I enjoyed it and especially if they open the mansion up for tours in the future I would go back.
    We were not there during Iris season. We were there during Lilium season although I don’t remember that they had much in the way of Lilium. They did have the aforementioned daylily garden. Areas of it were quite charming and in my opinion benefited from the slightly ramshackle, vintage look. I like this garden better than the other one we went to which was newer and had many architectural elements that were modern.

Thread Information