Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Immunocompromised Accommodations

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    The late great B-R Mandarin Chocolate was a sherbet--maybe the exception that proves the rule (that I'm not fond of sherbet). Fortunately, there are recipes on line.
    Choc sherbet Sounds like an abomination to me. sherbets must always be fruity

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I always thought chocolate covered cherries were an unnatural abomination before the Lord.

That's probably why I liked it; there's a strong orange component, though.
    Does someone make a durian sherbet? I'd probably like that...

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I always thought chocolate covered cherries were an unnatural abomination before the Lord.
    My father's favorite confection. I've never found a chocolate-covered fruit I didn't like: raisins, cherries, orange and lemon peel...I've never tried chocolate-covered strawberries, oddly.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    My father's favorite confection. I've never found a chocolate-covered fruit I didn't like: raisins, cherries, orange and lemon peel...I've never tried chocolate-covered strawberries, oddly.
    Cherries need to be kept in their proper place. By themselves. In pies. On top of certain sundaes. Covering a cherry in chocolate violates the natural order of things. Like marriage between siblings or pineapple on pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Cherries need to be kept in their proper place. By themselves. In pies. On top of certain sundaes. Covering a cherry in chocolate violates the natural order of things. Like marriage between siblings or pineapple on pizza.
    I am so in agreement with you about the pineapple on pizza. Blechhhh!

When my DGS and I decided to order a pizza, I asked him to order his favourite topping at the pizza shop. When he said, "Pineapple". I groaned, " No way!". The order staff with a smile suggested we order a half and half. That worked well. DGS teases me about my favourite topping.

Cherries are much better fresh if black and in a pie if red. I am not a box of chocolates with cherries fan but enjoy everything dipped in chocolate.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I was once on the side of miscegenation of fruit and chocolate, but my spouse lured me into a few things that were tolerable.

However, I will bet you aren’t against banana splits with chocolate sauce.

However, I will bet you aren’t against banana splits with chocolate sauce.
    It’s a morally ambiguous area. Like blended scotch. Chopped peanuts can take some of the sin away.

I love good quality chocolate-covered cherries, preferably dark chocolate with stems intact. I don't much like the cheap ones from the grocery store with the cream inside.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I love good quality chocolate-covered cherries, preferably dark chocolate with stems intact. I don't much like the cheap ones from the grocery store with the cream inside.
    My sister is a freak about See's brand. She gets a box every Christmas from her hubster.

Thread Information