Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A Better Class of Scandal

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,033

    A Better Class of Scandal

    I read the Prime Minister of Great Britain is being accused of skipping Covid meetings so he could finish writing his biography of Shakespeare. I can’t imagine that happening here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    12,633
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I read the Prime Minister of Great Britain is being accused of skipping Covid meetings so he could finish writing his biography of Shakespeare. I can’t imagine that happening here.
    What do you mean? Isn't that why Trump skipped out on COVID stuff? To finish his biography of Shakespeare?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    What do you mean? Isn't that why Trump skipped out on COVID stuff? To finish his biography of Shakespeare?
    Still about The Donald is it? Right then, carry on.

    now we all know that if President Obama did the same, we would think that right and just. “He is leaving Covid decisions in the hands of the Faucci experts” they would purr. “The President is not an expert on THE SCIENCE you ignorant rubes from flyover country!” And etc.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Still about The Donald is it? . “He is leaving Covid decisions in the hands of the Faucci experts” they would purr.” “The President is not an expert on THE SCIENCE you ignorant rubes from flyover country!” And etc.
    If only he HAD turned over COVID to Dr Fauci......

  5. #5
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    If only he HAD turned over COVID to Dr Fauci......
    Yes that too! I really wondered about that thought when reading post #2. Should The Donald have been more involved, or less involved in The Covid? Inquiring minds…

    Few things will please The Donald more than the fact that ya’ll are still carrying on about him.

  6. #6
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,432
    It ain't just the dems still carrying on about him. Maybe if the republicans would move on then we would too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    12,633
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Still about The Donald is it? Right then, carry on.
    I just found the idea of our 45th president writing a biography of Shakespeare to be too funny to resist. I think playing the part of King Lear would be more up his alley.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I just found the idea of our 45th president writing a biography of Shakespeare to be too funny to resist. I think playing the part of King Lear would be more up his alley.
    Or Coriolanus.

  9. #9
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It ain't just the dems still carrying on about him. Maybe if the republicans would move on then we would too.
    You go first. You can’t quit him.

  10. #10
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,432
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You go first. You can’t quit him.
    As soon as the republicans stop supporting the big lie I will. Until then he’s still very much a driver of activities in this country that have an impact on all of us.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •